Just survive Has Been Updated And Is Available To Patch And Play
Watch out, evil-doers: Just Survive is coming for you. The zombie MMO patched in a slew of new anti-cheat measures this week to keep everyone on the up-and-up.
Daybreak said that it had to wipe the servers to get these measures up and running: “This update includes significant anti-cheat updates, including new technology to detect, prevent, and punish players passing through world geometry and player constructed bases.”
On the plus side, the December 19th patch includes some niceties, including rebalanced loot distribution, “significant” server performance improvements, and a holiday event with festive zombies that carry special pieces of wintry gear. And if you log in by January 2nd, you’ll get a Rudolf nose, because your character is just way too dignified as it is.
If you’d rather get into the PvP side of things, Just Survive’s counterpart H1Z1 is hosting a free play period that ends in about a day… so get on top of that!
Just Survive has been updated and is available to patch and play.
To accommodate map changes and fixes below, Just Survive servers have been wiped. This update includes significant anti-cheat updates, including new technology to detect, prevent, and punish players passing through world geometry and player constructed bases, along with the following updates:
- Explosives re-balance – reduced explosive damage
- IED buff – damage increased, bulk decreased
- Rebalanced Z1 loot distribution – more widely distributed military equipment spawners, added and removed loot spawners to better normalize loot distribution across the map
- Fixed a bug that could cause a player to die on login under certain circumstances
- Significant server performance improvements – this should affect NPC performance, timer / interaction response, and general multiplayer performance (this is not a client FPS improvement)
- Added Medical Cabinet Storage Decoration Recipe
- Added Taxidermy Bear Decoration Recipe
- Added Taxidermy Deer Decoration Recipe
- Added 8 Painting Decoration Recipes
- Fixed an issue with Molotov Cocktail VFX not displaying for other players
- Fixed an issue where players would get stuck in aim mode after aiming and have their movement slowed
- Fixed an issue where undoing placement of a metal shack door granted a metal door instead
- Fixed an issue where players could not snap foundations to claimed Strongholds
- Fixed an issue where vehicles had a limited number of inventory slots in addition to their bulk (their bulk is unchanged)
- Fixed an exploit where players could store non-Stronghold components in their Stronghold bag
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to respawn near their lootbag
- Updated anti-cheat detection and prevention countermeasures
Oh, but that’s not all….
The holidays are coming to Just Survive, and from December 19th through January 2nd, festive zombies roam through Anywhere USA (Z1) and Badwater Canyon, carrying gifts for good survivors and coal for everyone else. Sleigh these zombies for a chance to receive one of these three gifts:
- Blue and White Holiday Helmet
- Green and Red Holiday Helmet
- Alpine Camouflage M9