Since our last patch, a number of players have reported strange AI behavior. Specifically, some NPCs have been observed killing other NPCs that they normally wouldn’t, including same-type NPCS that should be considered allies. We’ve identified the source of this bug and have fixed it for today’s patch. NPCs will now only kill other NPCs where it makes sense (ie, Orcs will hunt Direwolves, etc.)
We also received reports that new players were experiencing crashes when starting the game for the first time. We’ve fixed a critical bug that caused crashes for users trying to create a new Custom Game without having a pre-existing world save. Now, new players should be able to easily and reliably start up a new Custom Game to play alone or with a friend.
As always, we’ve made a few more small fixes and changes that can be found here in the full patch notes. Take a look while giving the servers a moment to come back online with the most recent version of the game.
- Fixed issues with AI fighting each other too often
- Fixed an issue that caused crashes when creating a new Custom Game
- Fixed an issue that caused some resource nodes to not respawn properly
- Fixed a bug allowing players to hurt an offline housemate’s tames
- Fixed a bug preventing large doors and windows from being built on certain walls
The team has been very hard at work preparing the next major content drop, which should be coming very soon! In order to make sure everything is working perfectly for its launch, we will be taking a week off from weekly patches. Stay tuned, though, as we’ll be sharing a ton of details next week on Citadel’s next big thing!