Sea of Thieves: The Hungering One May Have Retreated, But Its Buddies Just Showed Up
Calling all well-travelled pirates! The Skeleton Thrones Bilge Rat Adventure is in its final week, so get your hands (or hook) on the Bone Crusher jacket, dress and hat before they are removed! The Bilge Rats have gone out to some of the remotest locations within the Sea of Thieves and are encouraging would-be challengers to find these Thrones out there in far-flung parts of the world.
As mentioned last week, other Megalodons have now emerged to join the ranks of the Kraken and sharks to present a new permanent threat in the seas. Patch 1.1.3 also brings with it key performance improvements and fixes for known issues.
- Megalodon – Since the retreat of The Hungering One back into the deep, there have been reported sightings of other Megalodons terrorising the Sea of Thieves. It’s been discovered that these new Megalodons have different personalities – some seem to turn tail at the sight of a Galleon, whilst others are said to be just as unforgiving as The Hungering One!
- Gold bag icons – The icons for the Bilge Rat gold bags have been updated to better show the value of the gold within!
- Reduced frequency of client hangs on Skeleton Forts.
- Significantly improved stability when loading new areas.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Resolved an ‘X Marks the Spot’ location on Kraken’s Fall where the chest was impossible to dig up.
- Grand Admiral Hull livery on the Sloop now correctly matches the Galleon.
- Resolved an issue causing the PC client to hang upon closing.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Being poisoned by a snake can show the VFX a second time.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons have not been correctly rewarded to a number of players who earned them through the Skeleton Thrones event.
We are investigating a resolution for this and will share information when available.
- The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players who earned them.
We are currently rolling out a fix to this issue which will award missing rewards from The Hungering Deep. This will take some time, so keep an eye on the weekly patch notes to see when this rollout is complete.