Kingdom Come: Deliverance Update Introduces Hardcore Mode That Removes Autosaving
Warhorse Studios’ Kingdom Come: Deliverance has just added a new Hardcore Mode to its sprawling RPG, and it sounds like it’s out to make your in-game life pretty hellish…if you want it to. The new update will increase the immersion factor of the game by removing the autosave feature and other helpful assistive features, leaving you to fend for yourself…or die. That’s about the gist of it, folks.
The game is already a tough cookie, and one that requires player dedication and vigilance to get through. But Hardcore Mode, which is available for free, should help players test their limits even further.
“Think of it more as a survival type RPG, where you will need to pay even more attention to Henry’s health, stamina, energy, and nourishment, including his location/whereabouts,” explained the Steam announcement. “Everything matters in the Hardcore Mode, so now would be a fantastic time to start a new playthrough!”
The compass’s cardinal directions will be removed, waypoints only shown when you reach them, you can’t fast travel…the list goes on. Here’s everything Hardcore Mode switches up, for those interested:
- North, South, East, and West will no longer be visible on the compass, so be sure to check the time of day and where the sun is located (rises in the East, sets in the West).
- Waypoints are shown only when you get close to them.
- Fast travel isn’t possible in Hardcore Mode.
- There is no autosaving. The game can only be saved by drinking Saviour Schnapps, sleeping in your own bed, paying for a bathhouse full service, or exiting the game (deletes once the game is started up again).
- You can’t rely on eating from the cooking pots. The best way to regenerate health is to sleep. Food and healing potions take quite a while to kick in.
- You’re only alerted to your current health and stamina levels by means of in-game visual effects.
- Combat is more realistic in Hardcore Mode. Strikes have a more realistic impact, and engaging in combat with an experienced warrior without wearing quality armor is very deadly.
- Traders pay less for goods and rewards are lower overall. Repairing items are even costlier.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s Hardcore Mode and Patch 1.6 are available to download now.