Vampyr How to mesmerize and how to level up mesmerizing in Vampyr
On this page of our Vampyr Game Guide you will read everything about Mesmerize – one of the most important abilities in the game. During the ‘Take me to a Hospital’ mission in Chapter I, Jonathan unlocks the Mesmerize skill that can be used on other citizens of London.
Mesmerizing NPC in Vampyr
- You can mesmerize the residents of one of the four districts available in the game. All you need to do is talk to the chosen character and press the button that is responsible for putting the NPC into a trance.
- Jonathan will then enchant the character and you will be able to go with him/her to a secluded place to embrace the blood of the unfortunate victim.
- The game will help you in finding a safe place to suck blood. Go to the area highlighted in red.
- What’s interesting, you can mesmerize the inhabitants in front of others – nobody will react. If you have also accidentally enchanted a character in a dialogue, you can interrupt the whole procedure without any consequences.
- The mesmerize of the less important citizens has no impact on the ending of the game. Only the act of blood sucking influences the overall condition of the district.
- The mesmerized inhabitants from whom you suck blood will die. Many of them leave keys and you will be able to open their private chests or safes. These are often located in the areas where they used to reside.
How to level up the mesmerize skill?
To mesmerize a character, the level of Jonathan’s mesmerize must be equal to, or greater than, that of a potential victim. Mesmerize level grows with the progress of the storyline as you make key decisions about the pillars of the Pembroke, Whitechapel, Docks, and West End districts. If you reach Pembroke Hospital and talk to Dorothy Crane, your mesmerize level will increase to 2.
In other words, to rise the level of mesmerize, you simply have to continue the main storyline of the game. There is no other way to develop mesmerize in Vampyr. That means that you won’t be able to bite key characters (the pillars) of the districts until the end of the game.