PUBG’S Battlegrounds Now Fully Launched On Xbox One
Xbox – 1.0 Release Patch Notes
The day we’ve all been looking forward to has finally arrived. PUBG on Xbox is officially graduating to 1.0!
The official PUBG 1.0 launch brings more quality of life and optimization improvements, in addition to tons of new content for everyone to enjoy. Our third map-Sanhok, achievements, Event Pass, and much more are being implemented to the game as you wait for live servers to come back up.
Check out the patch notes below to get a deeper dive into what’s coming with 1.0 before you jump in and explore all of the new content!
NEW MAP: SANHOK
- Added a new map: Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok”)
- Sanhok is 4km x 4km map (one fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar). Although games tend to end a little more quickly on this tiny island, battles are still massive. Every game still features 100 players.
- Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design. Details are below.
- Faraway players and vehicles aren’t rendered the same way on Sanhok, resulting in some server performance improvements.
- Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
- Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
- The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
- The center of the redzone appears outside of the playzone (the white circle). This means players are more at risk when outside of the playzone.
- Bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times.
- The bluezone is also dynamic. It checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
- Spawn Balance
- The item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
- ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often.
- 8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
- In-game lobby
- Everyone will receive 20 apples in the in-game lobby which can be thrown around freely. Practice your throwing skills while you wait for the game to be started!
- The QBZ is an AR that uses 5.56mm rounds. It can hold 30 rounds per magazine, and can be extended to 40 rounds.
- The QBU is a new, Sanhok-exclusive DMR with a standard magazine of 10 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, which can be increased to 20 with an extended magazine.
- There is bipod attached to QBU—it will greatly reduce recoil when you shoot while prone.
New Vehicle: Rony
- The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok (from the automaker that brought you the Mirado)!
- This truck holds up to 4 passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes.
- The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on Sanhok, so it can be used for cover as well as transportation!
Weapon Skin System
- Players can select skins for each weapon
- Weapon skin system UI
- You can check details about the equipped skin using VIEW MORE button
- How to equip weapon skins
- You can use WEAPONS section in CUSTOMIZATION menu to equip the skin of your choice
- The ways to acquire weapon skins
- You can acquire weapon skins through “Raider crate” in STORE > CRATES.
- CUSTOMIZATION > GEAR tab has been added. Go here to equip parachute skins.
- Tooltips for weapon attachments have been edited to make them more intuitive.
- The Bengal Tiger skin is can now be bought in the STORE
- We’ve introduced the new Crate System to PUBG Xbox, for more details, please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/287714-xbox-10-walkthrough-g-coin-crate-system/
- The drop rate for the new crates are as follows:
- Drop rate of each items for the new crate “Biker”
- Dress Shoes (Brown) 8.1%
- Long Sleeved T-shirt (Red) 8.1%
- Sleeveless Turtleneck (Gray Striped): 7.5%
- Patrol Cap (Brown): 7.5%
- Sneakers (Black): 6.5%
- Floral Shirt (White): 6.5%
- Sleeveless Turtleneck (red): 5.62%
- Beanie (Gray): 5.62%
- Dirty Long Sleeved T-shirt: 5.4%
- Polka Dot T-shirt: 5.4%
- Striped T-shirt (Pink): 5.4%
- Raglan T-shirt (Blue/White): 5.4%
- Skinny Jeans (Pink): 3.14%
- Skinny Jeans (Khaki): 2.7%
- Dress Shoes (Black) 2.7%
- Biker Pants (Black): 2.5%
- Patrol Cap (Gray): 2.5%
- Princess Power Tank-top: 1.5%
- Padded Jacket (Purple): 1.5%
- Biker Pants (Gray): 0.3%
- Floral Shirts (Black): 0.3%
- Aviator Goggles: 0.168%
- Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Black): 0.0128%
- Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Brwon): 0.0128%
- Cloth Mast (Checkered): 0.0064%
- Drop rate of each items for the new crate “Raider”
- Rugged (Beige) – Crossbow: 10.8%
- Rugged (Beige) – M16A4: 10.8%
- Rugged (Beige) – S686: 10.8%
- Rugged (Beige) – SKS: 10.8%
- Jungle Digital – P18C: 8.75%
- Silver Plate – DP-28: 8.75%
- Rugged (Beige) – Kar98k: 8.12%
- Rugged (Beige) – S12K: 8.12%
- Jungle Digital – SKS: 7%
- Silver Plate – Vector: 7%
- Silver Plate – R1895: 3.76%
- Silver Plate – S1897: 2.5%
- Turquoise Delight – P1911: 2%
- Jungle Digital – AWM: 0.3%
- Silver Plate – SCAR-L: 0.3%
- Turquoise Delight – Tommy Gun: 0.1680%
- Turquoise Delight – Kar98k: 0.0128%
- Turquoise Delight – M16A4: 0.0128%
- Gold Plate – S686: 0.0064%
- Drop rate of each items for the new crate “Wanderer”
- Working Boots: 8.1%
- T-shirt (Striped): 8.1%
- Gas Mask (Full): 7.5%
- Hi-top Trainers (Blue): 7.5%
- Floral Shirt: 6.5%
- Urban Padded Jacket: 6.5%
- Cargo Pants (Blue): 5.62%
- Cargo Pants (Beige): 5.62%
- Cargo Pants (Khaki): 5.62%
- T-shirt (Red): 5.4%
- Long Sleeved T-shirt (Striped): 5.4%
- Long Sleeved T-shirt (Light Blue): 5.4%
- Long Sleeved T-shirt (Black): 5.4%
- Bloody Combat Pants: 3.14%
- Tank-top (Charcoal): 2.7%
- Dirty Tank Top (White): 2.7%
- Punk Boots: 2.5%
- Punk Glasses: 2.5%
- Slacks (Blue): 1.5%
- School Shoes: 1.5%
- Ballistic Mask: 0.3%
- School Shirt (Open): 0.3%
- Mandarin Jacket (Blue): 0.168%
- Hotpants (Blue): 0.0128%
- Protective Glasses: 0.0128%
- Pleated Mini-Skirt (Blue): 0.0064%
- Drop rate of each items for the crate “Survivor”
- Combat Pants (Black): 8.1%
- Camo Combat Pants: 8.1%
- Matched Shirt (Gray): 7.5%
- Padded Jacket (Khaki): 7.5%
- Checked Shirt (White): 6.5%
- Checked Shirt (Red): 6.5%
- Beanie (Black): 5.62%
- Vintage Baseball Cap (Red/Black): 5.62%
- Fingerless Gloves (Camo): 5.62%
- Combat Pants (Blue): 5.4%
- Combat Pants (White): 5.4%
- Vintage Baseball Cap (White): 5.4%
- Vintage Baseball Cap (Red/White): 5.4%
- Fingerless Gloves (Tan): 3.14%
- Hi-top Trainers (Brown) 2.7%
- Boots (Gray): 2.7%
- Padded Jacket (Beige): 2.5%
- Shirt (White): 2.5%
- Camo Padded Jacket: 1.5%
- Slacks (Purple): 1.5%
- Coat (Camel): 0.3%
- Coat (Gray): 0.3%
- Female Tuxedo Jacket (Purple): 0.168%
- Coat (Red): 0.0128%
- Coat (Black): 0.0128%
- Mini-skirt (Purple): 0.0064%
- Drop rate of each items for the crate “Western Military”
- Tank Top (Gray): 10.8%
- Raglan T-shirt (Red/White): 10.8%
- Polo Shirt (Pink): 10.8%
- Vintage Polo Shirt: 10.8%
- Utility Belt (Brown): 8.75%
- Camo Tank Top (Red): 8.75%
- Military Shirt (Gray): 8.12%
- Military Trousers (Black): 8.12%
- Battle Belt: 7%
- Vintage Gas Mask: 7%
- Military Trousers (Black): 3.76%
- Military Boots (Black): 2.5%
- Leather Bootcut Pants: 2%
- Military Cap (Black): 0.3%
- Cowboy Hat (Brown): 0.3%
- Military Jacket (Black): 0.168%
- Faux Leather Jacket: 0.0128%
- Cowboy Hat (White): 0.0128%
- Military Skirt (Black): 0.0064%
UI / UX
- With three maps now in the game, you’ll choose between two “playlists” instead of two maps.
- The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
- The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok for now.
- Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.
- Optimized loading high resolution textures on Xbox One OG.
- Optimized level streaming on Xbox One X
- Fixed an issue where some items weren’t able to be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where having more than one controller connected would:
- Lower the sensitivity after ADS
- Disallow driving vehicles
- Fixed an issue where frame would drop because of effects from destroyed vehicles/boats.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would be darkened in HDR on some monitors.
- Fixed an issue where the character would seem like it’s moving faster after certain steps near stair handrails.
- Fixed an issue where player was unable to navigate shotgun through attachments on S1897, S686.
War Mode / Custom Match
For a smooth and healthy matchmaking times for our new contents/features, we’ve decided push each of them live with a time gap (Sanhok → War Mode → Custom Match). This is to let everyone enjoy and delve into each contents with time. Also, it’s to let each contents have enough attention from our players, so players won’t be divided having a long matchmaking time for each content.
Sanhok is available beginning today, and we expect to begin offering War Mode as a weekend event in late September, with full Custom Match functionality to release in mid-Octoboer.
Today marks a new chapter in the PUBG journey. 1.0 is just the beginning – we’re looking forward to continued active development alongside our players to make the PUBG experience the best that it can possibly be for our Xbox community.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way, and we welcome all of our new players who will join us today with open arms!
PUBG Xbox Team