Update #22 update is currently on the Test Servers and we plan to bring it to Live Servers in early October, once the changes are proven to be stable.
Follow our @PUBG Twitter for the latest updates.
Strap on that level 3 helmet, cause the competition on the battlegrounds just got a little more fierce. Update 22 is bringing a long-awaited Ranking system to PUBG, allowing you to put everything you’ve learned to the test as you climb the ranks. More information on this new system is coming soon!
We’re also squashing another collection of FIX PUBG bugs, adding a convenient new wheel menu to health and throwable inventories, adding a way for you to upgrade your duplicate or unwanted skins, and by very popular demand, bringing back map selection.
Let’s dive in!
- WHEEL MENUS: Added UI that allows players to access a quick-select wheel (similar UI with the Emote system) for the quick selection of items without opening the inventory or pressing individual hotkeys.
- MINIMAP: Players can now further magnify the minimap.
- PLAYER ORDER CONSISTENCY: Player order between the lobby and in-game is now consistent so that players will have fixed numbers and colors based on lobby order when they enter a game.
- FRIEND UI: Friend UI has been improved to show logged out / disconnected teammates.
- CHARACTER MOVEMENT #01: Fixed the issue where players could sometimes climb stairs much faster while moving diagonally next to the wall.
- DBNO PLAYER WALL PENETRATION: Fixed the issue where sometimes a downed players’ character model would penetrate walls.
- UNDERWATER: Fixed the issue where players could hold weapons while moving close to rocks while underwater.
- SLIDING FIX #01: Fixed the issue where characters would look like they were sliding while standing up if they took out a weapon and stood up at the same time.
- SLIDING FIX #02: Fixed the issue where a player appeared to slide when standing up or moving while going prone before landing from a certain height.
- STUN AND ONFIRE ANIMATION: Fixed the issue where Flashbang and Molotov stun and on fire animations could be cancelled when repeatedly crouching/standing up/prone/or equipping a weapon.
- ARMED ANIMATION: Fixed the issue where characters occasionally appeared to be unarmed when they were actually armed.
- PLAYER UI: Fixed an issue where the player UI would sometimes disappear in the observer’s view.
- ADS BUG #02: Fixed the issue where ADS worked unreliably when ADSing right after equipping a weapon.
- VEHICLE INTERACTION: Fixed the issue where a player sometimes received collision damage from a motorcycle when another player picked up the motorcycle.
- CHARACTER POSITION #03: Fixed an issue where a character sometimes rotated even though its feet were fixed when the screen was rotated more than 180 degrees left or right.
- CHARACTER MOTION #01: Fixed the issue where a player was sometimes shown as scoping when taking steps next to a wall.
- VAULTING: Fixed the issue where characters could vault over other characters when positioned at certain heights.
- CHARACTER MOTION #02: Fixed the issue where a player would sometimes clip through the floor of a building when disembarking a motorcycle.
- REPORT SPAMMING: Fixed the issue where a player could be reported multiple times by playing the replay over and over.
- LOBBY HP BAR DISPLAY: Fixed the issue where a character’s HP bar was sometimes shown in the lobby after exiting the server replay.
- POPPING #01: Fixed the issue where a character’s animation popped upward when getting close to the wheels of a buggy.
- POPPING #02: Fixed the issue of where a character’s animation popped upward when crouching and standing up near a vehicle.
- Server/region will now be decided automatically depending on the player’s local region
- If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on
- Implemented Rank System
- There are 8 total ranks
- Rank will be assigned based on Rank Points earned
- To earn your first rank, you will need to play 10 provisional matches
- Rank promotion / demotion will be decided by total rank points as indicated in the chart above
- Statistics Page Renewal
- Improved the UI of the Career and Leaderboard screens
- Improved UI to show rank, KDA, Avg. damage, etc. more clearly.
- Will display up to 100 ranks