Runescape Deleted Its Rts Minigame-within-a-game With Today’s Patch
Remember when they used to count down to Christmas with shopping days? That was before EVERY day was a shopping day. Not that anyone goes to the high street to shop anymore, of course. Regardless, if you want a proper metric to measure the rapidity of the festive approach then how’s this – after today there are only TWO more weekly newsposts before we wind down the website clock for Christmas!
None of which means Gielinor is slowing down. Indeed, this week we’re pleased to detail the arrival of a long-awaited update – some brand new Alchemical Onyx items! Which presumably was top of your Christmas list?
Yep, they’re finally here. We have a whopping THREE new items designed in conjunction with the community for you, all of which arrive today (December 3rd)!
Grace of the Elves is a new non-degradable necklace designed to help you out whilst skilling.
- This is made by crafting an alchemical onyx necklace which requires:
- 91 crafting
- 1 gold bar
- 1 alchemical onyx (purchased, or requires 107 invention to discover)
- This necklace can then be enchanted using the level 6 enchant spell requiring 87 magic
- The item offers the following:
- Store up to 500 charges of Sign of the Porter by using porters on the necklace. It will act like a Sign of the Porter whilst worn and charged.
- Teleport to where your skilling portals are attuned to inside the Max Guild garden. And, if you don’t have access, you will receive a free one-off attunement.
- Reduce the drain rate of the Chronicle Absorption, Lightform and Superheat Seren prayers.
- Whilst using gathering skills (Divination, Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing, Farming, Hunter) you have a chance to roll on the rare drop table. Yes, this means that if you wear Luck of the Dwarves and the Grace of the Elves, you have a chance at getting a Hazelmere’s Signet Ring.
The second item is the Ingenuity of Humans. It is a new sigil that allows your next hit to be a guaranteed hit
- Can be created on a workbench after discovering the blueprint with 114 invention. This requires:
- 1 alchemical onyx
- 10 stunning components
- 750 x smooth parts
- 50 x Direct Components
- It degrades with use and requires fortunate components to recharge.
- It works with abilities and spells, allowing players to use Vulnerability or a statius warhammer whilst using a different style.
Passage of the Abyss is a pocket-slot item that can hold up to six different compacted jewellery all in one item! No need to carry around all of those teleports – now you can do it in a single item:
- Passage of the abyss can be created on a workbench after discovering the blueprint with 118 invention. The player requires:
- 1 alchemical onyx
- 50 magic components
- 1 teleportation compactor
- It can store up to six of any of the compacted jewellery made from Invention.
- To add a particular piece of jewellery to the Passage of the Abyss requires 100* the maximum charge of the jewellery. So to add an Amulet of Glory, you would need 400 charges.
- You can combine any of the different forms of an item to reach this number, including an already compacted version of the item.
- Passage of the Abyss can be recoloured so that you can have multiple and have different teleports on each item.
- Teleporting with Passage of the Abyss removes charges from the item and can be recharged at a rate of 500 charges per fortunate component.
This year’s Christmas countdown has already begun! From now until Christmas Day, players can enjoy a free festive daily gift courtesy of Santa!
You’ll find the Advent Calendar on the Community tab. Free goodies include lamps, prismatic stars, relics, crates and an assortment of new cosmetics. Also look out for an exclusive Christmas Day treat. The prizes will remain available up until January 7th, so don’t worry if you miss a day here and there.
There will also be a different promotion on Treasure Hunter each day, but these will be time-limited – once they’re gone, they’re gone. Throughout all of the different promotions, Treasure Hunter players will have the chance to win Christmas Loot pinatas which you can smash open for assorted festive-themed loot and prizes!
Also be sure to check out the Christmas forum competition! There are some fantastic prizes up for grabs, with something different on offer each and every day, so make sure you keep a close eye on the forums over the next month.
Please note that Ironmen will only be able to obtain cosmetic items.
As many of you are aware, we’re going to be removing Mobilising Armies from the game. As a result, we’ve been figuring out how to ensure that its rewards remain accessible to everyone and that nobody misses out on anything as a result of the change.
- Existing investment credits will be converted into GP at an exchange rate of 5 credits to 1 GP and reward credits at 2 to 1 GP.
- Unused mobilising armies points enhancers have been swapped out for unfocused enhancers.
- Mobilising Armies will no longer be a requirement for the Completionist Cape. For those who have already completed it, it will become a hidden feat with 0 RuneScore.
- HiScores will be preserved for posterity.
- Locators can be crafted with Divination. They all come with 50 charges like normal, requiring half the amount of energy made to recharge back to 50 charges. They now work for Elder Trees also!
- Inferior Locator
- Level 24
- 100x Bright Energy
- 1x Divine Location (Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing or herb up to level 30)
- Poor Locator
- Level 41
- 200x Sparkling Energy
- 1x Divine Location (Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing or herb up to level 50)
- Good Locator
- Level 62
- 300x Vibrant Energy
- 1x Divine Location (Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing or herb up to level 70)
- Superior Locator
- Level 81
- 400x Brilliant Energy
- 1x Divine Location (Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing or herb up to level 90)
- Cosmetics will now be available in the Thaler store.
- All outfit pieces are available for 30 Thaler each.
- Titles available for 100 Thaler each
- Low level ring imbuing will should go to the Soul Wars reward shop.
- Rings up to Onyx – 5 Zeal
- Onyx and Fremennik rings – 8 Zeal
- New high-level ring imbues are now possible at the Raids reward store in exchange for Teci.
- Ring of Fortune (imbued) – 2,500 teci
- Luck of the Dwarves (imbued) / Hazelmere’s Signet Ring (imbued) – 7,500 teci / 10,000 teci
- Ring of Death (imbued) – 15,000 teci
- Asylum Surgeon’s ring (imbued) – 10,000 teci
Competition – Skybox and Filter Screenies!
Two weeks ago we improved RuneScape’s Skybox and Filters with advanced custom options (go try them out if you haven’t yet), allowing you to make fancier screenshots than ever before. And oh boi we’ve received so many amazing screens from all of you since then. It’s been a real pleasure to rediscover Gielinor through new arty creations – from the ultra-realistic to the completely psychedelic. We even had a real surprise when some of you started to exchange their custom skybox values!
So we asked ourselves, why not have a little more fun and make it a screenies competition? That’s right, the Player Gallery is back!
How to Enter?
Simple, create a custom filter (you can grab the filter values from other Scapers if they are keen to share, we won’t judge), and unleash all your creativity into a unique screenshot taken from your favourite in-game spot. Then, share it on Instagram – don’t forget to tag our official RuneScape channel (@RuneScape) and use #RuneScapeScreenies in the description so we can register your entry. The competition runs until Sunday December 9th, 23:59 (UK Time).
There is NO limit in the number of entries, we want you to have tons of fun exploring and sharing your love of RS with the community. So go ahead an screen away – Good luck!
What can I win? First place gets 3 Bonds, Second to Fifth places will get 1 Bond each.
Need a little help accessing the Skybox and Filters with advanced custom options? Here’s how:
- Right click on the world icon on your minimap.
- Select ‘Skybox/Filters’ from the dropdown menu.
- Start customising!
- Select ‘Freecam’ from the same dropdown menu.
- Take amazing photos!
Regular Terms & Conditions apply.
This week we’ve got a wild variety of patch notes for you.
- Capitalised the ‘g’ in ‘grove’ from the Solak item log title.
- Updated the message when the player is caught trying to enter Entrana with prohibited objects, to be more specific as to what’s not allowed.
- Corrected the news post categories displayed in the lobby.
- The super restore potion tooltip now correctly shows the number of summoning points it will restore.
- Extreme skilling potions now show the correct level boost based on their respective skill level.
- The juju hunter potion’s tooltip now correctly states that its duration is 10 minutes.
- The Super Antifire tooltip now states the correct duration.
- The buildings, camps and bank area are removed
- Items related specifically to play mobilising armies have been removed from players
- Investment and reward credits have been converted back into coins.
- unused enhancers have been swapped out with unfocused enhancers
- Related teleports remain with new names; South Feldip Hills
- Players’ rank hi-scores remain for posterity
- Titles and clothing have moved to the thaler store
- Locators are now created with Divination and can now locate elder trees
- Ring imbues are now at Soul Wars. New imbues for high-tier rings are now available at the Liberation of Mazcab rewards trader
- Music tracks can be unlocked by visiting the old site of M.A.
- Quest kits are no longer available as they don’t fit their intended purpose
- Improved the size of the Thalassus hunting mini-game interface on mobile.
- App will no longer crash when double tapping the Treasure Hunter banner.
- The Player Owned Ports Archipelago Map now displays region and island information when tapped.
- The game world brightness is now a 4 option drop down menu instead of a fiddly slider bar making it easier to set the desired brightness.
- Changed the Player Owned Ports Ships name change button from a cog to an improved version of the pencil it had before.
- Increase the pinch-to-zoom distance on mobile, you can zoom out further than before using the Modern Camera mode within the general gameplay settings.
- Disabled the ability to interact with the world when the View Controls interface is open.
- Removed the information button that was causing problems on various interfaces.
- Combat interface when controlling Vanescula during The Branches of Darkmeyer quest now scales nicely on mobile with easy to read text.
- The penguin suit emotes interface used during the Hunt for Red Raktuber quest now scales on mobile along with changing the icon buttons to wide buttons with the icon and a text label to identify the emote.
- The interface for controlling the Zomboat during the A Clockwork Syringe quest is now more readable with centralised buttons and increased text size.
- The Circus Agility mini-game interface now scales nicely on mobile along with changing the icon buttons to wide buttons with the icon and a text label to explain what it does.
- When creating a new account the mobile controls panel will no longer flash before the loading screen, it will appear once you’ve selected your RuneScape experience.
- Players with Intel HD systems should now be able to see textures that weren’t previously being rendered properly
- Optimized animations to free up memory and improve game performance
- Fixed a bug causing taps to occur twice
- Fixed a bug with taps not registering when user is prompted their game client needs updating
- Fixed a bug with metamorphosis causing enemies to respawn as their modified version
- Fixed a bug where users wouldn’t reconnect under certain circumstances
- Resizing the client on a Mac will most likely crash the game. We’re already working on a fix for this.
- For people with intel 520 onboard graphic chipset, leaves on trees are not visible. There is a work around if you start the game in compatability mode. other intel chipsets may be affected.
- Drop rates of codices in the Dragonkin Laboratory have been improved. (HOTFIXED 30/11/2018)
- Instakill darts will no longer work on familiars in the wilderness.
- Some blocking has been removed around the outer-ring of the Grand Exchange.
- Players that encountered blocking issues at the Prifddinas Waterfall bank chest should find the issue resolved.
- Players will no longer be teleported out when fishing at Deep Sea Fishing.
- Hearts of Ice are now correctly reset during loot duels.
- Fixed an issue where Golden Nymph wasn’t gilding pickaxes under certain conditions.
- Menaphos raw fish (desert sole, catfish and beltfish) can now be added to the troughs at Manor Farm.
- Rimmington has been cleared of slime…. for now.
- Sea Salt now requires level 90 mining rather than 91, to match the skillguide.
- The revive option on Isafdar’s mushroom patch now works as expected.
- Fixed a heightmapping issue where players sank into a hillside between Pollnivneach and the Desert Mining Camp
- Removed combat stats from specific broken dyed items that had them and prevented them disassembling into nothing, rather than their broken state.
- Corrected heightmapping for the Pollinivneach cliffs.
The RuneScape: The Orchestral Collection and RuneScape: Original Soundtrack Classics albums announced back in September are now available on the official merch store on vinyl and CD. Plus, over the next weeks they will also hit specialist and major music retailers globally. If you pre-ordered them from Laced Records store then they should already be winging their way to you right now! And don’t forget that you can also listen to all the music from the four RuneScape albums released to date on all major digital streaming platforms! Happy listening!
If you’ve been watching our livestreams, you must know that it’s a great opportunity to grab some awesome in-game prizes. This December, as we’ve got all eyes on the free festive daily gifts brought in the Advent Calendar, we thought that somehow, it wouldn’t be enough… that’s why December LootScape is ever more Lamps, Stars, DG Tokens and goodies goodness straight from Santa’s workshop! Each and every stream watched will give you a guaranteed random drop from one of these: Prismatic small fallen star, Prismatic medium fallen star, Prismatic small lamp, Prismatic medium lamp, Spirit Ruby, Spirit Diamond, Advanced Pulse Core, Spring, Silverhawk feathers, Medium DG Token Box, Small DG Token Box, Uncut Dragonstone, Large Cash Bag, Medium Cash Bag, Small Cash Bag.
Exciting isn’t it?! So don’t wait up, connect your RS account to your Twitch account and find out more about it here. Once that’s done, have fun and watch our streams during the day for a guaranteed drop.
LIVE STREAMS THIS WEEK
Each week, we host developers Q&As, exclusive in-game first looks and more. And it’s all live on our Twitch channel, join us!
Missed a stream? Don’t worry, we keep them all on our YouTube channel. So be sure to Subscribe to it!
Tuesday, December 4th – 17:00 UTC (Game Time) – Month Ahead Preview
Ho Ho Ho! The December festivities have landed in Gielinor and we’re diving headfirst in the month with a look at the avalanche of content waiting for you in the next days. Grab a hot cocoa, put on your Xmas jumper, and join our JMods on the sofas for a whole hour of exclusive preview. Don’t miss it!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
Sunday, December 9th – 19:00 UTC (Game Time) – PvM with Mod Lee
Our resident PvM expert Mod Lee knows no fear and he’s ready to take you all on another round of boss mass this Sunday. From Vorago to the Kalphite King, the Corporeal Beast, the Angel of Death, if you’ve got a set to complete, an achievement to unlock, or simply want to hang out with friends and slay some, this is the place and time!
LootScape will be enabled (see all details above).
PINK SKIRTS EVENTS
Of course, adventures continue in Gielinor even when we’re too busy (PKing) creating the adventures of tomorrow. Our PMods are here to welcome you in a range of PvM Boss Masses, Events and Q&As each week. Check out all the community events organised by the Pink Skirts on their official schedule here