Warframe Shows Off Horrifying Amalgams And An Upgraded Plains Of Eidolon
We’re back with Devstream 124 and by golly was there a lot to cover! In this overview, get learn about the Sentient/Corpus Amalgam enemies coming with Gas City rework, learn about the Plains of Eidolon Remaster, see Wisp’s custom animations, the Warframe Abilities Screen refresh and so much more!
As usual, if you have the time, we recommend watching the full Devstream for all the nitty gritty details, or just read about the highlights in our recap below:
· The final Weekend War versus Chargers is on this weekend! If the community completes this challenge, they’ll unlock the final bonus weekend in March: Double Resources! Learn more here.
· The Great Fortuna Survey is live! We want to hear what you have to say about Fortuna, the Orb Vallis, the Profit-Taker and all the small things in-between. You can learn more about it and complete it here.
· Gift of the Lotus Alerts are live for 24 hours following the stream. Don’t miss your chance at an Orokin Catalyst and a Zaw Riven!
· Keep an ear out for the next episode of our [DE]Constructing Podcast, ft. Tim and Elyse from our animation team! Coming soon!
TennoCon 2019 tickets are officially on sale! The event is already 50% sold out so make sure you grab yours before they’re gone: https://www.warframe.com/tennocon
Whether you’re planning on attending, or grabbing the Digital Pack, here’s a look at what’s Digital items you’ll be receiving:
A new emote that actually spawns the TennoCon 2019 Glyph!
A new TennoCon armor set!
If you’ve jumped into Warframe since Wednesday’s update, you might have noticed a lack of Alerts and a new voice in your ear. Nightwave has launched on all four platforms, and is our replacement for our Alerts system! You can read more about this system, including our intent for making such a huge change, in our Dev Workshop!
The team offered some more clarity on details that aren’t included in the workshop above, so I’ve recapped them below:
· The first Nightwave Series is expected to last around 10 weeks. We’ll be dropping another episode during these 10 weeks that will explore more of the lore introduced with the Wolf of Saturn Six.
· Challenges will be rotating throughout those 10 weeks. We are gathering feedback on the initial challenges for the future: the “Fill 5 Ayatans” challenge was a common critique and we’ll be revisiting the implementation of that for future acts.
· The Wolf and the Convicts will become more common, and their spawns will increase as the series continues.
· Players only need to complete approximately 60% of the acts to reach Rank 30. Those who complete more than that will be able to prestige, and work through the 30 ranks for more Wolf Creds.
· Creds and Standing don’t carry over to next Series since it removes incentive to complete challenges.
· There are no plans on making the rewards exclusive. We’ll be taking feedback on how we handle offerings for Series 2, but we anticipate that you’ll be able to get unique cosmetic items if you missed them the first time, just perhaps not as easily.
Warframe Abilities Screen Rework
The Warframe abilities screen is getting a fresh coat of paint! With this rework, you can expect a visual polish, but also videos of each ability in action. This new screen will also feature a variety of tips compiled with the help of the Community team and the Warframe community at large!
Gas City Rework – Amalgams!
We’ve shown off a lot of the Gas City remaster, but not a lot of the new enemies that are coming with them. Amalgams, a twisted mix of Corpus and Sentients, will be found on Jupiter, and possibly also in your nightmares.
As you damage these enemies, their behaviour will change. One will try to steal your shields:
Another will charge up their laser to potentially devastating effects:
We compiled a bunch of animations from these guys, which can be seen below. This is only a sampling of what awaits you, Tenno!