Pokemon Go: Rayquaza Raid Guide – Moveset, Ivs, Counters, And Weaknesses
We’re taking a look at the Rayquaza Special Raid Weekend that’s coming up!
Our Rayquaza Raid Guide will walk you through the details you need to know on how-to best defeat this raid boss! We’re taking a look at Rayquaza’s 100% IV CP, moveset, and the best counters available for you to take down this boss.
Rayquaza is one of the most powerful Dragon type Pokemon in Pokemon Go, so you will want to be sure to get out and grab some of these. It is a Dragon & Flying type Pokemon with 213 HP, 284 ATK, and 170 DEF. It is weather boosted by wind, and is weak to Dragon, Fairy, Rock, and 2x to Ice. If you have two good counters, this encounter can be beaten with two players!
According to the Japanese announcement for the Rayquaza Raid, there will be no shiny versions available unfortunately!
RAYQUAZA POKEMON GO SPECIAL RAID ANNOUNCEMENT
Are you ready for a challenge? From Friday, March 15, to Monday, March 18, there will be a Special Raid Weekend! The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will be available in Raid Battles! Take a look at the details below:
Date + Time
- Friday, Mar. 15, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Monday, Mar. 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- The Legendary Pokémon Rayquaza will be joining Raid Battles!
Do you have what it takes to take on Rayquaza? Get ready to GO, Trainer—and best of luck!
Stay safe, and happy exploring!
—The Pokémon GO team
RAYQUAZA SPECIAL RAID WEEKEND RELEASE DATE
You will be able to take on Rayquaza on Friday, March 15th, 2019 at 1pm PDT until Monday, March 18th, 2019 at 1pm PDT. It’s only a three day event, so be sure to get out there as soon as you can!
RAYQUAZA’S 100% IVS
If you are hoping to catch a 100% IV version of Rayquaza then these are the CPs you’ll need to see.
- Normal Weather Conditions: 2191 CP at Level 20
- Wind or Rainy Weather Conditions: 2739 CP at Level 25
Rayquaza has a mix of Flying and Dragon moves with one Rock option.
- Air Slash (Flying)
- Dragon Tail (Dragon)
- Outrage (Dragon)
- Aerial Ace (Flying)
- Ancient Power (Rock)
If you are looking for the best counters against Rayquaza, then Ice Pokemon are going to be the best bet. If you go up against a version that doesn’t have any Dragon moves, you can bring out your Dragon types with dragon based moves to take it down as well. Overall, you will want to lean heavily on Ice types with Mamoswine being the top option available!
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow, Avalanche
- Weavile – Ice Shard, Avalanche
- Mewtwo – Psycho Cut (Psychic), Ice Beam
- Jynx – Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Porygon-Z – Hidden Power, Blizzard
- Articuno – Frost Breath, Ice Beam
- Cloyster – Frost Breath, Avalanche
- Walrein – Frost Breath, Blizzard
- Regice – Frost Breath, Blizzard