Check Out Some Dungeons & Dragons Online’s Masterminds Of Sharn Content On The Preview Server This Week
U42 Preview 1: 4/2-4/4
Hey, all! The pre-sale of our new Expansion (visit www.ddo.com/sharn) is available! The preview server will be opening up for a first preview of the contents of that expansion, which will be Update 42, on Tuesday April 2nd and will be closing in the evening of Thursday April 4th. This preview is now open! This preview contains the following features:
- New Dungeons:
- New Quest Named Loot
- New Raid Named Loot
- Minor Artifacts
This preview does not include any other U42 features (Filigree, the other 5 Story dungeons, the other 3 Explorer Dungeons, the Cogs wilderness area, etc.). Those will be featured in a later preview.
There will be a dev event on the preview server on Wednesday 4/3 from 8PM to 10PM Eastern where you can chat with atleast Cocomajobo to get questions answered and have your feedback collected for the rest of the team to peruse.
In addition to those main features there are an assortment of smaller changes and/or bugfixes which are listed below
- Favored Soul’s Bonus Feats have much clearer and more concise wording
- Fixed Obscuring Mist doing Obscuring Darkness FX
- Fixed Obscuring Mist’s effect having the name/description of “Obscuring Darkness”
- Fixed Fireball’s/Domain Fireball’s spell description (never got updated in U41)
- The Salve of Stone to Flesh in Eyes of Stone now has a cooldown of 5 seconds, rather than 30.
- Shield Guardian Hirelings have updated sounds
- The engine will no longer limit video/virtual memory usage as harshly on systems which have sufficient virtual memory. The game should properly take advantage of virtual memoryresources available to it.