Apex Legends – June 4 Game Update 1.2 And Legendary Hunt Event
New Limited Time Event: The Legendary Hunt
Apex Elite Queue
June 4 – July 2
Make it to the Top 5 in any match and earn your way into a select queue full of Top 5 winners. Then prove you’re the best of the best by taking them all down!
- The queue is optional. You can choose to play in the regular playlist at any time.
- The Ring closes faster, and out-of-bounds damage has been increased.
- You can earn character-specific badges that track Elite game wins.
Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
- Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
June 4 – June 18
Complete special in-game challenges to score free Legendary Hunt loot! Don’t lose sight of your prey – these rewards are event exclusive, and once it’s over, they’re gone for good.
- Legendary Hunt Badge – Finish in the Top 5 in any match. Tracks your longest Top 5 streak in the Elite Queue.
- Rare Wolfpack G7 Scout weapon skin – Finish in the Top 5 in an Apex Elite match.
- Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound Legend skin – Finish in the Top 5 in any queue five times (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
- Legendary Tamed Beast Triple Take weapon skin – Win twice in any queue (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
Battle Pass Bonus XP
June 4 – June 18
Earn an entire Battle Pass level when you finish in the Top 5 in any match (once per day).
Double XP Weekend
Friday June 7 at 10:00 a.m. PT – Monday June 10 at 10:00 a.m. PT
Score double level XP and Battle Pass XP all weekend long! Does not include the Battle Pass level earned from finishing in the Top 5 each day.
Legendary Hunt Store Skins
June 4 – June 18
New Legendary Hunt items will rotate into the shop every three to four days – these items are event limited, so they may be back, but no one can say when.
The Patch Notes
- Teamwork and Bonus Round badges
- We are working on a server-side patch for these ASAP.
- PlayStation sign-in bug for new players
- There is an issue preventing some brand-new players who do not already have an EA Account linked to PSN from signing into Apex Legends. We’re working a fix for this and will push it ASAP. [Affects PlayStation only]
Kings Canyon Updates
- Thunderdome has had some small changes to loot placement, mostly around moving loose loot into bins for more visibility on where the loot is.
- The Pit has about 2x the loot it had previously.
- Repulsor has had loot bins added to the west side of the area, on top of the trapezoid buildings.
- Some loot has been added to the underground pit in the small town in Shattered Forest.
- It is now possible to ping Jump Towers and added voiceover lines will call out Jump Towers when you do.
Quality of Life/Bug Fixes
- Decreased the delay before items show up in the menu when looting a Death Box.
- Mini Map direction will now display correctly while in the ship or skydiving.
- Improved server performance to fix some cases of rubberbanding when using items.
- Removed an exploit that allowed a squad to have more than one of the same Legend.
- Fixed an issue where players might “bounce” off your squad when breaking off during a skydive.
- Improved skydiving to help it feel more responsive and smoother.
- Thermite grenades now cause damage to doors.
- Squad summary page improvements:
- Cursor support added.
- Players can now mute/report players from this page.
- Players can now report teammates that have disconnected.
- Caustic barrels can now be disabled by friendly teammates.
- Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers. [Xbox and PS4 only]
- Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the last zipline you were on.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple now has a blue crosshair indicator that will appear when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
- When grappling a zipline, the trajectory will now pull players to a point below the zipline rather than above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
- Made improvements to how weapon reticles and optics are displayed when playing with colorblind settings.
- Added colorblind support for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Removed the ability for players to change game settings not intended to be modified on a client level. Our intent is to prevent exploits like removing muzzle flash, disabling lighting, and other changes that give players an unfair competitive advantage.
- We’ve reverted the behavior of “Holster Weapons” so pressing that button while your melee weapon is out will no longer bring out your last primary weapon.
- New pings:
- Players can now select “Enemy Suspected” from the ping wheel.
- Players can now choose “yes” and “no” options from the ping wheel.
- Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers. [Xbox and PS4 only].
- Added localized voiceovers for all Legends in the following languages:
- Fixed an issue where a player is unable to change their Party Privacy option.
- Fixed the extra sway from the G7 crosshair while moving.
- Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was too noticeable.
- Fixed a rare issue with using consumables while having a Caustic gas canister out.
- Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
- Improved frame rate when sun shadow coverage is set to High in video options.
- Fixed issue with the Long Distance Kill badge not displaying the correct max distance.
- Fixed issue with bad frame rate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Fixed players being crushed by opening or closing doors when climbing onto a roof just above the door.
- Fixed a crash related to model code.
- Fixed issue where player would crawl very fast in place.
- Fixed some rare cases of players getting stuck in geometry.
- Fixed issue where Octane’s Stim trail would still linger after death.
- Fixed cases where melee lunges could stop too far from their intended target.
- Fixed issue with players not receiving any XP for anything after a match and the Champion Bonus showing as -1XP.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the audio and visual effects would not play when a weapon fires.
- Lots of minor fixes and polish to game stability and performance.
Play Apex Legends for free* now on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Origin for PC.
Sign up for our newsletter today to receive the latest Apex Legends news, updates, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive offers, and more (including other EA news, products, events, and promotions) by email.
*Applicable platform account and platform subscription (sold separately) may be required. Persistent internet connection and EA account required. Age restrictions apply. Includes in-game purchases.