Destiny 2: New Light, The Upcoming F2p Conversion
Season of Opulence is off and running. Guardians are piling into the Emperor’s lost vaults in search of the treasure of their choosing. Earlier this week, you discovered a new boss waiting for you in the depths of the Menagerie. Upon defeating it, you were given a quest to seek out Truth. Not in an X-files way, but to find the Rocket Launcher, Truth—a weapon that seeks out its targets… aggressively. Just look at what some players are seeing in the wild:
Me: Locked on? I see nothing.
Me: There's NOTHING there.
Truth: I never lie. pic.twitter.com/SDxeKvlLgI
— Fitzy (@HeyFitzy) June 11, 2019
- This Season’s Iron Banner armor is now acquired through a quest.
- Each armor piece will be granted upon completing its associated quest step.
- Each armor piece will be granted as a powerful reward.
- After unlocking an armor piece, it may be reacquired with random rolls through Iron Banner Reputation Packages and match rewards.
- If you are a veteran player who earned Iron Banner ornaments in the past, this Season’s armor is compatible with all Year 1 Iron Banner ornaments.
- Iron Banner packages have been updated.
- Iron Banner Armor may now roll with enhanced perks.
- New weapons have also been added to Iron Banner packages and have a higher chance to drop on the first package you redeem.
- New Iron Banner shaders, an emblem, and a Sparrow may be earned through objectives that must be completed during Season of Opulence.
- Iron Banner bounties will continue to grant rewards and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Iron Banner bounties no longer unlock direct purchase for Iron Banner gear, as it is now acquired directly through the Iron Banner quest.
Here is a preview of the armor and weapons available during Iron Banner events in Season of Opulence.
Valor boosts will also be available next week in Iron Banner and the rest of the Crucible. Saladin will also have some other items available including this new Emblem.
Q and A
Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124Today, we deployed Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 to players. This hotfix addressed the following issues:
- Resolved an issue blocking progress toward the quest “The Invitation,” where some players were not receiving credit when defeating Menagerie bosses.
- Resolved an issue blocking progress toward the quest “The Invitation,” where some players could not upgrade their Chalice of Opulence.
- Resolved an issue where Sturm’s “Accomplice” perk no longer reloaded non-Drang energy weapons following Update 188.8.131.52.
- PLEASE NOTE: We are investigating an ongoing issue where Sturm does not reload non-Drang sidearms.
- Resolved an issue causing Eververse armor to have different perks than shown in the Eververse storefront.For upcoming patch notes as soon as they are available, players should monitor our Updates page.
Fall 2019 FAQFollowing the series of announcements we made last week, we’d like to follow up with the first batch of frequently asked questions submitted by players.Forsaken and New LightQ: Will Destiny 2: New Light be its own separate game/file?A: No. All Destiny 2 players will be automatically converted to New Light and will maintain all of their prior purchases and entitlements.Q: What Forsaken and Forsaken Annual Pass content will be included in New Light?A: Forsaken content available in Destiny 2: New Light includes:
- Free roam on all destinations
- Strikes playlists
- Crucible playlists
- Gambit and Gambit Prime playlists
- Select Annual Pass contentQ: What Forsaken and Forsaken Annual Pass content will NOT be included in New Light?A: Forsaken content available only with purchase includes:
- The Forsaken campaign
- Year 2 raids and dungeons
- Exotic questsCross SaveQ: Do players need to repurchase Destiny 2 on each cross save platform separately?A: No. New Light will be available for free on Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation.
- Cross save will preserve all gear, character, and items across all platforms regardless of entitlements.
- Expansion ownership (Forsaken, Shadowkeep) is tied to the platform’s store it was purchased on. Players will need to purchase expansions on each platform that they wish to play that expansion content on.Q: Can players merge different characters, items, or Triumphs from different accounts?A: Cross save does not feature account, character, or progress merging. Selecting a active account for cross save does not delete or alter the data of any other accounts.Q: Will Destiny 2 support cross-play matchmaking between different platforms?A: Each platform will have its own matchmaking pool.Steam PCQ: Which Destiny 2 purchases and entitlements transfer over from Battle.net to Steam?A: The PC migration from Battle.net to Steam will include a one-time transfer of ALL ownership rights that a player already owns (expansions, Silver, account, Seasons, etc.).Q: Can players pre-order Shadowkeep on Steam right now and migrate their Battle.net account later?A: Yes. Players may purchase Destiny 2: Shadowkeep from Steam’s product page now, and migrate their account at a later date.StadiaQ: Can players pre-order Google Stadia Founder’s Edition right now, and setup cross save for their account at a later date?A: Yes. Players may purchase Stadia Founder’s Edition from Google’s product page now, and enable cross save on their account at a later date.Q: Will Stadia feature cross play with Steam or other platforms?A: Stadia is its own ecosystem, just like current existing platforms. Stadia players will only be able to play with other Stadia players.For the consolidated list of frequently asked questions as they are added throughout the summer, players should see our Destiny 2: Fall 2019 FAQ help article.Destiny 2 Season of Opulence Known IssuesListed below are the latest player impacting issues discovered in Season of Opulence:
- Queen of Hearts Ship: We are investigating an issue where this ship can’t be reacquired from Collections when bought from Eververse.
- 404 Errors on Bungie.net: We are investigating an issue where players who are trying to get a Bungie Rewards code or are trying to verify their email receive a 404 error page.
- Opulence Weekly Bounties: We are investigating an issue where weekly bounties offered by Benedict 99-40 did not grant powerful rewards for a period following the 6/11 weekly reset.
- Chests on the Pleasure Barge: We are investigating an issue where the chests on Werner 99-40’s pleasure barge reset at Sunday’s daily reset and not at Tuesday’s weekly reset.For the latest known issues as soon as they are discovered, players should visit our Destiny 2: Season of Opulence Known Issues thread. For archived known issues, players should visit our Destiny 2 Known Issues support article.
Movie of the Week: TR3-VR Recreated
Honorable Mention: Better Blink
It’s been a blast sharing news with the community all while getting to see you experience the content we have been working on for Season of Opulence. We’re not done yet! There is more coming this season and more coming this fall. Thanks for inhabiting this universe we love to build.