Portal Knights Elves, Rogues, And Rifts Premium DLC & FREE Questing Update Launching Today!
Portal Knights… The Elves, Rogues, and Rifts DLC expansion launches today on Steam, PS4 (EU) and Xbox One. Purchase the new premium DLC and play as the new rogue class, meet a new Elven race on Elysia’s moon, Faynore and take on new challenges in the roguelite Rifts!
Free for all players is our all-new Questing Update! Take on new quests from the Mage Guild, track your quests in a new persistent Quest log and create and test new creations in Creative Mode using placeable enemies and logic items!
Coming to PlayStation 4 (NA) June 28th 2019.
Coming to Nintendo Switch Summer 2019. (Date TBC)
Steam Content Update 1.6.0
• The Mage’s Guild can now be visited on Glimmerglen (3-04). It’s filled with new quests, NPCs, and rewards. See the barber there for some fresh, new hairstyles!
• Creative Mode has been updated with several much-requested features:
o Islands can be quickly tested on the fly by pausing the game and selecting “Test Play Island”.
o You can now place enemies! Note that they will only come to life when you select “Test Play Island”.
o Lots of “logic” objects have been added to create puzzles and gameplay challenges for other players. These include buttons, pressure plates, traps, interactive doors and lights, a connection tool, and more.
o To help show how the new logic objects work, we’ve created a special Steam Workshop island showcasing various behaviors. You can download the island here:
• Quests can now be tracked across islands in the new Quest Log! Simply select which quests you want to track.
• You can now set the multiplayer visibility of your game to PUBLIC! Selecting PUBLIC visibility means that non-friend players will be able to join your game.
• To prevent island vandalism, game hosts can set permissions for friends and non-friends on their home, canvas, and creative islands.
• You can find public games to join in the “Find Games” menu.
• In the Find Games menu, each game’s connection quality is now displayed.
• Character creation facial options have been expanded with freckles, wrinkles, and more.
• The Ranger class has a powerful new skill – the “Explosive Shot”. It can be crafted at the Archer Station.
• Beautiful new dresses can be found on dress merchants in Fort Finch (1-03), Hintertown (2-03), and Glimmerglen (3-04).
• Individual players can be muted.
• The tutorial in Squire’s Knoll (1-01) has been enhanced.
• Durability has been removed from all weapons and tools. Armor sets with durability-related perks have been given different perks instead.
• Gem dust recipes have been moved to the Workbench tiers (to make it easier for non-Mage players to craft skills).
• The number of character slots has been increased.
• Split-screen guests now select from the same character pool as the host.
• Text on sign posts can be changed by the player.
• Player chests now have a preview showing the item in their first slot.
• The amount of gold lost when you die is now capped at 100.
• It’s easier to level up through the first few player levels.
• Portal shard drop rate has been increased. Portal shards and stones can now also be obtained from some quests as a reward.
• Light sources can now be switched on and off by the player.
• Added coal to Dusty Junction (1-02) so that class-specific armor and weapons can be crafted sooner. Only affects new or regenerated universes.
• Moved a quest from Callum’s Claim (1-09) to Dusty Junction (1-02). This only affects new or regenerated universes.
• Added “V-sync” to the display settings.
• Lots of improvements to the UI, including an icon to show which texts are editable, better controls in the Creative Mode backpack, and more.
• Improvements to visual effects when mining trees.
• Improved stability for islands with a high number of props (furniture, chests, etc.)
• Fixed crashes that affected some users.
• Fixed rare cases of saving errors that would cause islands to be saved incorrectly.
• Improved multiplayer performance.
• Improved camera movement, especially for the automatic camera.
• Various minor bug fixes.
If you wish to see the newest updates on your islands, create a new universe or regenerate an existing one!