After a mysterious countdown timer emerged, it appears Anthem’s pre-Cataclysm challenges are finally live.
According to the Anthem subreddit, a new set of challenges are live in Freeplay, called The Oncoming Storm.
“They involve Crystals which have appeared across Bastion. You either destroy crystals, kill crystalized enemies, or complete crystal world events. Here’s a look at them for reference.”
The post continues with some general information on Cataclysm:
- 9 new masterwork/Legendary guns (3 Base, 9 variations)
- 8 new Masterwork/Legendary variations of existing gear
- 8 new melee gear variations + Masterwork/Legendary versions (2 for each class)
- 8 Masterwork/Legendary variations of support gear
- Cataclysm Inversions (Changes to gameplay in cataclysm. IE: Abilities on faster Cooldowns)
- 1 new cataclysm freeplay event
- New story missions
- GM2/GM3 Balance Changes
- 2 weeks pre-event, 6 weeks of cataclysm event
- Cataclysm will start after pre-event then get more objectives over the six weeks
- Inversions for cataclysm change weekly
- Gain new currency to unlock warchests
- Warchests contain a masterwork loot with a chance of a legendary version of new gear.
- Limited time cosmetic rewards
- Luck removed & loot drop rate increased
- Melee removed from gear score scaling. Melee damage connected to melee gear
- Overview of everything in Cataclysm patch
- Roundup of all the new gear and weapons.
- All new weapons with demo clips
- Short weather clip with colossus melee