Warframe Nintendo Switch Receives Performance Boost In Update 25.4.0
Tenno Reinforcements: Update 25.4.0
We want to take a moment to highlight some fundamental fixes and improvements in this update to improve your Warframe experience on the Nintendo Switch.
The big news is that we have included performance and stability improvements, along with a fix for a memory leak that’s been impacting the platform since launch.
Technically speaking – there was an issue with multithreading. Cloth and non-GPU particle systems were running on the game thread which hindered performance. This is now fixed.
We have also made significant strides in reducing memory usage which should improve stability.
We are committed to improvements and there will be more to come!
We’ve also made the following changes for the Nintendo Switch:
- Shaders have been remastered to save approximately 300 MB!
- Fixed issues with environment elements “popping” (delayed loading) into view.
- Volumetric Lighting has been re-enabled via the options menu for players wanting to toggle additional visuals.
THE PYRUS PROJECT
Strata Relay has laid in ruin since Councilor Vay Hek’s Fomorian fleet launched an assault. For the first time, Nintendo Switch players will have their chance to rebuild and leave their mark on the Star Chart! The Pyrus Project will go live August 7th until August 21st. A thread will be posted once it is live with instructions on how to participate.
THE QUATZ COLLECTION
The only thing Grineer hate more than seeing Tenno cut through waves of Lancers, is seeing them use Grineer Weapons to do it. Wield the power of the Grineer’s vast empire with the latest Tenno Reinforcements: The Quatz Collection!
A compact four-barreled design packing a self-charging capacitor that discharges upon every reload from empty. Features auto hip-fire and aimed fire looses a four-shot instant burst.
*Quatz Pro Tip: start firing from the hip and aim while keeping the trigger held down to stay in auto mode!
This traditional staff weapon is making a triumphant return! Fashioned with Grineer materials and balanced for marine infantry use, the Amphis Staff has received a monstrous makeover that enables shock damage on jump attacks.
GALVANIK ARMOR BUNDLE
Repurposed paramilitary dress, for a fast response to any situation.
A Syandana assembled from the scavenged internals of some unidentified mechanism, it is still dusty from the desert where it was found.
AMPHIX KAVAT ARMOR
A sleek, molded bodyglove, enhanced with piezo-electric detailing.
AMPHATZ KUBROW ARMOR
A sleek, molded bodyglove, enhanced with piezo-electric detailing.
Pick up the Quartz Collection or any of the individual items by visiting the in-game Market today, and put Grineer technology to use helping the Origin System instead of conquering it!
DOMESTIK DRONES BUNDLE
Add one of five new Domestik Drone variants to your Orbiter for a little variety, or pick them all up for maximum Domestik diversity! Keep the Orbiter in spotless condition with the latest in Corpus sanitation technology. Get yourself a colorful cleaning buddy by checking them out in the in-game Market.
This antique Orokin string instrument once belonged to a great Dax. The ancient ballad, “Smiles from Juran,” is one of the few known examples of music composed for this instrument. Available in the in-game Market!
TENNOGEN BUNDLE XXXIX
This new TennoGen Bundle includes Skins and a Helmet from Round 15 created by our talented Tenno. Thanks to our TennoGen community for creating these magnificent Customizations! Check out the Bundle in the in-game Market.
- Rhino Ion Skin by Yatus
- Excalibur Ion Skin by Yatus
- Saryn Blade of the Lotus Skin by BeastBuster
- Revenant Immortuous Helmet by Lubox
- Nikana Mithra Skin by lukinu_u
This bundle is our second of Round 15 items! As previously stated, we will continue to transfer a curated list of items from each round.
NINTENDO SWITCH “CATCH-UP” TENNOGEN BUNDLES
The following TennoGen Bundles were previously released on PS4 and Xbox One and will be making their way to Nintendo Switch in Tenno Reinforcements: Update 25.4.0!
The Wukong Auman Skin and Rhino Mastadon Skin were released individually in prior updates, but we have bundled them with the other items from their Rounds for those who would like to own the collection.
TENNOGEN BUNDLE VI
- Sari Syandana by Malaya
- Setka Syandana by Hitsu San
- Spitfire Graxx Syandana by Faven
- Liset Hellkite Skin by MaceMadunusus
TENNOGEN BUNDLE IV
- Boltara Syandana by Faven and Scharkie
- Deru Syandana by Malaya
- Disconnect Syandana by Faven
- Maharliqua Syandana by led2012
- Officium Syandana by Hitsu San and Operative Shift
- Sciathin Syandana by Master Noob
- Teplo Syandana by FrellingHazmot
TENNOGEN BUNDLE XIX
- Oberon Ferosh Helmet by Malaya and The_Grimmrock
- Hydroid Poseidon Skin by Stenchfury
- Rhino Mastadon Skin by Vulbjorn
- Saryn Napellus Skin by lukinu_u
- Vauban Graxx Skin by Faven
- Wukong Auman Skin by Rekkou
- Added the ability to equip Ephemeras on Operators!
- Added a new Plains Assassinate Bounty Bonus Objective of ‘Draw out the target within one minute for bonus’.
- Added Arch-gun Ammo to the Simulacrum pickup area.
Clan XP Changes:
If you’re an active participant in the Clan/Dojo system, you might have noticed a discrepancy in your Clan’s Dojo XP since the release of The Jovian Concord, we have found the issue and have a full breakdown here.
Upon researching The Jovian Concord Clan weapons, some Clans/Dojos had a loss of Clan XP. On the surface this seems like a pretty straight forward problem, but it has turned out to be a bit more complicated. Your “Clan Profile’ page showed research and Pigment XP gains, but there was a whole bunch of invisible XP messing with values especially if you deleted a decoration or room, and finished weapon research (namely, from Operation Trophies)!
All trophies are now exempt from Clan XP and will not reward it and the Trading Post and Treasury will supply their intended XP.
As we release eligible content, you can re-rank your Clan over time. We have record keeping of your rank, so you won’t re-trigger the rank up rewards.
We have a list of rooms and objects that grant you XP, but only if they exist within the Dojo (i.e cannot be built then destroyed). This now works properly + and we are working to highlight this fact more (as we work to expose in UI):
- Trading Post: 10000 XP
- Treasury: 10000 XP
- Obstacle Course: 15000 XP
- (NEW) Obstacle Course Architect: 15000 XP
- Dueling Room: 15000 XP
- Oracle: 10000 XP
- Energy Lab: 10000 XP
- Chem Lab: 10000 XP
- Bio Lab: 10000 XP
- Orokin Lab: 10000 XP
- Tenno Lab: 10000 XP
- Temple of Honor: 15000 XP
Wukong Changes & Fixes:
- Wukong’s Celestial Twin no longer utilizes Quick Thinking to fix the Twin living indefinitely.
- Wukong’s Celestial Twin now behaves with Nullifiers by:
- If Wukong enters the bubble with Celestial Twin active, nothing happens.
- If Wukong’s Celestial Twin enters the bubble, his Health will drain down.
- Wukong’s Passive will now refresh when he enters a Relay/Town.
- Changed Wukong’s Monkey Luck passive to not generate extra drops from ability immune or VIP enemies to follow cadence with others.
- Wukong Celestial Twin can now be cancelled by the Stalker.
- Performance improvements towards Wukong’s Celestial Twin and Cloud Walker.
- Removed Wukong from Frame Fighter until balance can be restored with his newly revisited abilities.
- Fixed Wukong’s Immortality Passive triggering while in Archwing in Vallis/Plains which results in getting stuck in Archwing instead of being knocked out.
- Fixed Wukong’s Celestial Twin swapping from Secondary to Primary weapon on his own.
- Fixed Client Celestial Twin not choosing to use your Secondary weapon.
- Fixed ability to replicate Wukong’s Celestial Twin multiple times by abusing Emotes.
- Fixed Wukong Cloud Walker invulnerability duration at Ranks 1 and 2 to always be a base 2 (s).
- Fixed Wukong not being able to Melee slam out of Cloud Walker.
- Fixed Wukong’s Cloudwalk and Defy abilities turning off sprint toggle when used.
- Fixed hearing another player’s Wukong Specter casting Defy.
- Fixed cancelling Wukong’s Primal Fury with Celestial Twin resulting in an aggressive forward momentum.
- Fixed Wukong’s staff getting stuck in its large state if you interrupt the melee attack with something (Ability cast, etc).
- Fixed an issue with Wukong’s Celestial Stomp becoming unreliable if you use it too quickly after joining in progress.
- Fixed performing a ground slam on a Cryopod while Wukong’s Primal Staff is equipped resulting in the Warframe’s animation to get stuck in the air.
- Fixed Wukong’s Tennogen Skins not updating some parts of his outfit.
- Fixes to floating Armor on Wukong/Wukong Prime.
- Fixed the Inbox for Wukong Revisited not being localized.
- Fixed a script error when casting Wukong’s Celestial Twin.
- Fixed a script error when casting Wukong’s Defy.
Nightwave Changes & Fixes:
- Eligibility for the Get Clem & Maroo Ayatan Treasure Hunt missions now resets at 00:00 Monday each week (same as Nightwave) instead of an arbitrary 7-day cooldown from whenever you last completed them. This ensures you have a chance to complete the missions within the weekly refresh of Nightwave.
- Anyone who ran within the last 7 days will have their cooldown reset 7 days from when they ran it, and future resets will be Monday 00:00.
- A bug existed in the progress tracking and completion status of ‘Recovered’ Acts. If a repeat Act appeared, this would cause it to be already-completed immediately when they appear in the UI and prevent players from earning their associated standing reward. As a result, missing Nightwave Standing has been retroactively given to players affected by the issue.
- Added preview diorama for Nightwave rewards.
- Updated the Nightwave Act “Transmute 3/3 Mods” to read “Complete 3/3 Transmutations”.
- Fixed ‘Everything Old is New Again’ and ‘Loyalty’ Nightwave Acts not awarding Standing.
- Fixed the ‘Silent Eliminator’ Nightwave Act not failing when an enemy detects you, regardless of alarms.
- Fixed Perfect animal Captures not always giving credit for Nightwave Acts when it should.
- Fixed Nightwave Act progression in the Orbiter causing UI to additionally count all the previously completed Acts in the ship and adding it to the displayed Standing.
- Fixed inability to mark Mods dropped from containers in the Void for the “Mark a Resource or Mod” Nightwave Act.
- Fixed the Glaive Prime Blueprint help text saying it’s obtainable from Nightwave Cred Offerings.
- Fixed Wukong’s Celestial Twin kills not counting towards the Power Trip Nightwave Act.
- Fixed crash when returning to the Orbiter after earning Nightwave Affinity.
- Fixed UI lockup that could occur when viewing Nightwave Rewards and then an Act.
Survival Spawn Change:
Historically the number of concurrent enemies in Survival was related to where the mission was in the Star Chart; early missions tended to have less enemies and later missions tended to have more and this number did not change even when you stayed in a mission longer to face higher-level enemies. As an experiment we have changed the scaling mechanic so that staying in a low-level mission longer will also increase the enemy count as it increases the enemy level until it hits the same cap it would have for high-level missions.
Sabotage Changes & Fixes:
These Changes & Fixes relate directly to if the Reactor Sabotage ‘magnetic’ situation is triggered:
- Increased visibility of the panic button placed at the Reactor console.
- Reduced hack time for enemies at the Reactor panic button to 1.5 seconds.
- Increased ‘Defend’ time to 60 seconds from 40 seconds.
- Fixed no enemies spawning to trigger lockdown at the Reactor console.
- Fixed enemies unable to reach the Reactor console.
Zanuka Harvest Changes & Fixes:
- Added objective text in the UI for maximum clarity.
- Removed parkour tiles to reduce the chance newer players will get stuck here.
- Possible fix for Zanuka spawning in secret rooms and teleporting players there.
Relic UI Changes & Fixes:
Missed notes from The Jovian Concord: Hotfix 25.1.2
- Tweaked the alpha of the Unowned Relic grid to 40% from 25% to increase differentiation between owned / unowned.
- Upon selecting an unowned Relic, the Refinement button will now read ‘You Do Not Own This Relic’ to alleviate Refinement possibility confusion.
- Your alias in the Relic Reward screen is now displayed in a different color respective to your chosen UI Theme to help differentiate between yourself and squadmate.
- Fixed numerous Relic icons appearing stretched.
Corpus Gas City Tileset Changes & Fixes:
- Improved an extraction area in the Corpus Gas City tileset to be a little more generous.
- Fixed Mirage Sleight of Hand not working with Corpus Gas City objects.
- Fixed the ‘Loot corpse’ context action not disappearing for Clients in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed cases where the Capture target will not make attempts to escape in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed Gas Traps not replicating SFX/VFX for Clients in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed Corpus Gas City enemies able to shoot through Gara’s Mass Vitrify.
- Fixed missing ledge collision in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed 2 Kuria collectibles damaged in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed a spot in the Corpus Gas City tileset where players could slide down inside extremely narrow tube.
- Fixed exterior lights bleeding through walls in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed an odd red light reflection in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed random floating objects outside the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed missing wall collision in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed laser-door scanners appearing in strange places outside of door frame, in the Corpus Gas City tileset.
- Fixed Wisp’s Wil-O-Wisp ability setting off laser beam alarms in the Corpus Gas City Spy Vaults.
- Fixed Cryopod alignment in the Corpus Gas City Defense tileset.
Expand the spoilers below for list!
Expand the spoilers below for list!
August 2 Hotfix:
– Fixed Mining not working at all!
– Launched ‘DOG DAYS’ event.
August 2 Hotfix #2:
Dog Days Tactical Alert Fixes:
- Fixed a crash that occurred after a Host migration in the Dog Days Tactical Alert.
- Fixed Clients able to cast Warframe Abilities that require no Energy (Garuda’s Bloodletting) after dying/respawning in the Dog Days Tactical Alert.
- Fixed Kubrow’s being a little more shy towards Roller Floofs compared to Kavats.