Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Update Outlines Rajang, Adjustments, Bug Fixes
MHW: Iceborne Title Update 11.01 (PS4) / 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One) – Rajang, Guiding Lands, Layered Armor and more
Get ready, hunters! The indomitable Rajang has finally made its way to the New World, and this ruthless beast offers a challenge for even the most experienced hunters … so it’s not a fight that should be taken lightly. I’ll leave it to you to learn more as you set out to hunt it, but in the meantime, wanted to cover a couple of requirements and patch notes for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne version 11.01 (PS4) / 10.0.0.1 (Xbox One).
Rajang Special Assignment Requirements:
- First, you’ll need to have finished the main story campaign of Iceborne. This means you’ve solved the mystery of the Old Everwyrm.
- Then, you’ll need to have visited the Guiding Lands at least once.
- Finally, you can start the Special Assignment (Rajang) by talking to the Admiral.
If you haven’t already, I highly recommend watching Developer Diary #3 for the latest info on what we in store for this updates and sneak peeks at future content.
Now, onto the comprehensive list of additions, changes and bug fixes:
- Tempered Gold Rathian and Tempered Silver Rathalos will now appear in the Guiding Lands.
- Weapon augmentation and custom upgrades expanded.
- Forgeable layered armor lineup added to feature some of the High Rank designs.
- You can now make your room public to other players.
(You can change these settings from the start menu and selecting Communication, then Your Room, or by speaking to the Housekeeper in your room and selecting Room.)
- Room-exclusive chat tab added.
- Music player for changing the music in your room added.
- New interactable decor added to your room in Seliana.
- Setting for your Seliana room’s privacy added to the Gathering Hub’s welcome message.
Guiding Lands Gameplay Adjustments
NOTE: Future updates will feature more adjustments to make it easier to play. Here are the adjustments currently in place:
Adjustment 1: Region Level change fluctuation adjusted
- In the Guiding Lands, you can obtain different materials at each level, so adjustments have been made to how levels increase/decrease to make it easier to explore.
- Region Level 1 – 2: No changes
- Region Level 3 – 6: Fluctuates at the same rate as region level 2 did before the update
- Region Level 7: Fluctuates at the same rate as region level 3 did before the update
Adjustment 2: Adjusted the drop rate of special tracks obtained from monsters in the Guiding Lands
- Unanalyzed special tracks are now easier to obtain, making it easier to lure out specific monsters and control your region levels.
- They are also now guaranteed upon capturing a monster, or carving from the monster’s body or broken part.
Adjustment 3: Region levels can now be fixed
- Settings have been added so that region levels will not fluctuate, and you can explore the Guiding Lands freely with fixed levels.
- Fixed region levels are applied per player even during multiplayer.
- If you set region levels to fixed, your own region levels will not fluctuate whether you’re the quest leader or just joining another player’s quest.
- You can fix region levels at the quest board when you select the Guiding Lands.
Adjustment 4: Expedition Objective added to fixed region play
- Added a “Fixed Region” parameter that can be set when departing to the Guiding Lands, or used as search criteria.
- Use this setting when you want to let players know you’re exploring with fixed levels, or if you want to search for expeditions using fixed levels.
- This parameter will not fix region levels.
- For instructions how to fix region levels, please see Adjustment 3.
Adjustment 5: Locating monsters in the Guiding Lands will no longer affect region level
- The design of the Guiding Lands has been changed, as region level changing upon discovering a monster in the locale had an unintended effect.
Guiding Lands Bug Fixes
- Monster spawn rates in the Guiding Lands adjusted.
- Monsters that are lured out in the Guiding Lands will automatically be tracked by the scoutflies.
- Target monster in the Guiding Lands will now appear in the log.
- When a monster is lured out in the Guiding Lands, monsters already present will not leave as easily.
- Fixed an issue where unnecessary effects would appear in certain areas of the Guiding Lands.
- New rewards added for the Tailraider Safari when they explore the Guiding Lands.
- Customization options added for squad cards.
- Fixed an issue where Squad join requests would be automatically approved in certain situations even when the settings are set to manual.
- Fixed an issue where Palicoes would move to incorrect places.
- Kinsects can now be added to the wishlist.
- Fixed an issue where daily skills would change when a voucher or gourmet voucher is used.
- Fixed an issue with the “The Leaf Boat” observation request’s “Riding on a leaf” condition, where the request would not be considered complete in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where if graphic settings were set to Prioritize Resolution, the effective range for taking pictures with the Surveyor Set would become smaller.
Heavy Bowgun & Light Bowgun Special Ammo
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Bowgun’s Wyvernsnipe and the Light Bowgun’s Wyvernblast Counter would be obstructed by Velkhana’s ice wall when on top of it.
Frostcraft Armor Skill
- Fixed an issue where the Frostcraft’s gauge would be consumed but the effect would not trigger on the additional hits from the Long Sword’s Spirit Helm Breaker and Hunting Horn’s Performance attacks.
Long Sword Custom Augment
- Fixed an issue with Long Sword’s Uragaan Mod, where Tempered Blastscale was listed as an upgrade material instead of Tempered Scute.
- Overall movement routes for Raider Ride have been tweaked as they would be trapped in certain areas of locales.
Flash Pods & Flashflies
- Adjusted the brightness of the screen when flash pods and Flashflies are used.
- Fixed an issue where Glavenus would not get caught in traps set by the player.
- Fixed an issue where if the scoutfly level is at level 3 and a monster is near death, the icon would not display correctly on the map.
- Fixed an issue that occurred in certain languages at the update notice screen.
- Fixed an issue where data would not finish loading properly and players would lose control of the game when viewing rankings of certain quests.
- Other minute balance tweaks and minor bug fixes have been fixed.
This update file size is approximate 1.3GB and will be a requirement for playing online, so make sure you download and install it before your next hunting session. And just a reminder that all Monster Hunter: World and Iceborne players will need to install this update to ensure compatibility for multiplayer.
Wishing you all the best on your Rajang hunts! You got this!