Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Weapon Blueprints Guide
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare introduced the brand new Weapon Blueprints system, and it’s a bit of a handful to wrap your head around. Basically, Blueprints serve two different functions: to provide you with an easy way to save your favorite weapon setup, and to gain access to unique versions of each weapon. To help you make sense of the system, we’ve put together a guide detailing exactly how the complicated Blueprints work.
CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE – WHAT ARE WEAPON BLUEPRINTS?
Weapon Blueprints are, basically, a means for you to save a heavily customized weapon for future use, or to allow someone else to benefit from it. Not only that, but they also provide a method for Infinity Ward to shower you with exclusive versions of your favorite weapons.
In a nutshell, Blueprints save the configuration of a weapon, including its attachments, perks, and cosmetics. That means you can save your favorite Weapon Blueprint, then further tweak it, knowing that you can always revert it back to your tried and true setup at the drop of a hat.
It also allows Infinity Ward to release exclusive versions of your favorite weapons, with new skins, attachments, and perks.
HOW DO I GET WEAPON BLUEPRINTS?
If you purchased one of the special versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you’ll actually already have a few Weapon Blueprints to play with. If not, you can get Weapon Blueprints by completing certain challenges found in the Barracks section of the main multiplayer menu.
HOW DO I APPLY A WEAPON BLUEPRINT TO A WEAPON?
That’s actually really easy. Here’s the process in steps:
- Select ‘Multiplayer’ from the main menu
- Press R1 to reach the ‘Weapons’ section
- Hit ‘Edit Loadouts’
- Select the loadout that you want to apply the Weapon Blueprint to
- Select the unlocked weapon that matches the Blueprint
- You should see a number to the right of the weapon. Scroll right and press the action button to apply the Blueprint
And that’s it. You now have your Weapon Blueprint equipped and ready to go.
DO I HAVE TO UNLOCK THE WEAPON BEFORE USING THE BLUEPRINT?
That’s the best part: you don’t. As soon as you have a Blueprint you can unlock that weapon and use it right away, along with all attachments and cosmetics the Blueprint comes with.
There is a catch though: you can’t select any attachments or cosmetics you haven’t already unlocked when Gunsmithing the weapon.
HOW DO I GET MORE WEAPON BLUEPRINTS?
Again, this is pretty straightforward:
- Select ‘Multiplayer’ on the main menu
- Scroll to the ‘Barracks’ section
- Select ‘Multiplayer Challenges’
- Scroll to ‘Missions’
- To the right of each mission is a Weapon Blueprint you can unlock by completing it
- Select a mission to set it as active then work your way through the objectives