Funcom Is Rolling Out A Launcher For All Its Games, Including Conan Exiles And Secret World Legends
Testlive Patch (18.02.2020) – Followers Management System plus Funcom Launcher
We’re excited to bring to you a new Testlive patch that introduces a long-requested feature, the Followers Management system! From a new tab in your player menu you’ll now be able to get information and manage your followers at a glance, adding a few new QoL improvements as well.
This is the first iteration of our next content patch. We’ve listened to your feedback and we agree that Testlive should be a meaningful platform for a long-term improvement of the game. This is why we’ve decided to put this patch first in your hands so you can help us detect, improve on issues and shape the experience before we release it officially on all platforms.
We are also introducing a new feature, the Funcom Launcher. The idea is for this to be a platform where you will have easy access to the latest news, forums, DLCs and patch notes, without increasing the time it takes for you to enter the game. You can read more about it in this separate thread 85, where we’ll be collecting all your constructive feedback about this new feature.
Don’t hesitate to give this patch a try and let us know of any issues you might find so we can fix and improve on them during the upcoming weeks.
Thanks again for your ongoing support and feedback.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
New Follower Management System!
With great power comes great responsibility! Following up on our follower leveling system, we’re introducing the Follower Management System. From this screen you’ll have at a glance an overview over your army of followers, giving you extra control even from a distance! You can access it from a new tab in the player menu. From this new screen you will be able to…
View your current number of followers!
If you have the population cap enabled in your server or single player game, you will be able to check your current quota of followers as well as the maximum you’re allowed based on the server settings. Quick and easy!
Check stats, rescue and break bonds from a distance!
From the management screen you can now break bonds with those followers you’re no longer interested in keeping. Just click on them and select “Break Bond” from the menu. Much easier than having to deal with the emotional trauma of doing it face to face!
We have also added a new extra functionality! Tired of those pesky followers who chose to disappear in the middle of the night? You can now recall them to your position (as long as you’re within your claim) to keep them under control! However, this power comes with a few caveats. First, when they get rescued, they will lose their inventory and equipment. After you have used recall, you (or your clan) won’t be able to use it again for a certain period of time (cooldown), and those followers who were engaged in combat recently will not be able to be recalled until a certain time has passed. Best of all, both timers are customizable! (via ini edit at the moment)
Locate your followers in the map!
Similar to the current feature where you can see your fellow clan mates in the map, you can now also keep an overview on where your followers are at any moment. Off by default, you can select which one of your thralls or pets you want to see located in the map. No more hide and seek!
Introducing the new Funcom Launcher!
The next time you log in to Conan Exiles via the TestLive client on Steam, you will be greeted by a new launcher window. We encourage you to try it and report any issues you encounter, as well as provide suggestions you may have for further improvements, on this separate thread 85.
- New Follower Management System!
- First batch of AI fixes!
- Introducing the Funcom Launcher!
Currently Known Issues
- This is a Work in Progress build and as such some features might not work as intended. Please share your feedback should you encounter any issues, so we can fix them in a future iteration of this patch.
- Additional tweaks to the issue where players would get randomly killed when interacting with certain meshes or reaching certain locations.
- Fixed an exploit regarding building pieces.
- Deployed measures against server flooding.
Follower management system! Command and track your followers with new and improved tools.
- You now can break bonds with followers remotely.
- You can now recall followers to your position if you’re within your claim. This feature has a cooldown and restrictions to avoid possible abuse.
- You can now see your followers on the map. You can select which followers you want to be displayed this way and which ones you don’t (unticked by default).
- Fixed an issue that would cause armor penetration to stack on consecutive bow shots.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Rhino King not to retaliate against attacks.
- Fixed an issue with stationary NPC awareness that would cause them to be unresponsive if they had previously rotated.
- NPCs should now properly switch weapons, even to melee, if their throwing weapon runs out or their shields break.
- Thralls that switched from melee to ranged or viceversa should no longer remain in a contemplative, unresponsive state, wondering what’s the point of life or if pineapple belongs on pizza (it does).
Fixed an issue where the Purge would fail to find an appropriate target if the player had not been in LOD range of a qualifying construction.
- Sprinting should no longer persist after mounting and dismounting a horse under certain circumstances.
- Torches can now be equipped while traversing water bodies on a horse.
Fixed an issue where mounted combat animations could be interrupted.
- Fixed a number of French localization issues for certain items and stats. #le-spellchekker
- Fixed an issue where the “Password Protected” prompt would disappear when leaving a session with vanity camera active.
- Added follower management tab to player menu.
- Followers location is now displayed in the map (off by default).
Fixed an issue where humanoid NPCs would continuously play drunk emote animations and sound effects when idle. #idleresponsibly
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles – Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method 7.