Runescape Adjusts Mining Rates, Teases Archaeology, And Prepares For Charity Streams
Patch Notes – 17/02
Valentines Day might have been and gone but there’s never a bad time to show some love to our Patch Notes!
You may have noticed that we have a new look this week. We’re changing the way we bring Patch Notes to you. The differences will be small to begin with, designed mainly to make this page feel a little less formal, but eventually we hope to improve the whole format to offer a lot more than we currently do. Got any ideas? Let us know! Links to our forums are a few lines down!
Run into an issue? Click here to find out how you can let us know!
Once Upon a Slime
Have you helped King Slime find love yet? It’s not too late!
- King Slime’s Top Hat now appears at the start of the newest list within the player wardrobe.
- Fixed a typo that occurs in the Once Upon A Slime quest.
- Completing the quest will now allow players to re-equip their Comp Capes without having to log back in.
Death can be difficult to work with, even at the best of times.
- Players can no longer receive the first two bosses from Elite Dungeons as Reaper assignments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players’ to walk inside the portals.
Semi-active miners were unintentionally impacted by a change to AFK mining rates. To remedy this we have adjusted the rates as follows:
- *100% stamina = 100% damage
- *1-99% stamina = 90% damage
- *0% stamina = 20% damage
- Players only chasing rockertunities should now find their rates similar to before
- Pushed a number of server-side optimisations and futureproofing measures for Diango’s item storage.
- The Winter Chill off has now been removed from the Lumbridge Crater.
- The uncompressed textures setting has been re-enabled.
No one likes encounter bugs when they play, so each week we do our best to squash as many as we can!
Fixes labelled Hotfixwere addressed between weekly releases.
- Action bar keybinds are no longer slightly delayed after exiting various interfaces. The short delay still remains after committing to a chat message.
- Fixed an issue with clan noticeboard ‘thread ID paste’ causing a crash/loss of functionality on mobile.
- The broadcast for a HSR drop will now be displayed in areas where this was previously missed.
- Fixed a bug that made enemies in GWD2 impossible to kill.
- Can now pick up a stackable relic from the ground with a full inventory containing the stackable item.
- Fixed an issue that stopped players completing The Mighty Fall.
- Mixing a Harralander potion with only swordfish in your inventory will now make a cooking potion without opening the interface.
- Fixed an issue with dinosaur leather not being recognized as usable against a portable crafter.
- Removed [ph] item from the GE.
- Corrected an issue where the Content Recommendation System could display a blank Latest Quest.
- Players are no longer able to use the lockers in Rimmington if they haven’t been unlocked via partial completion of the Rocking Out quest.
- Hatchets now correctly give four components per bar used in the making of them when disassembled.
- A worn Zamorak insignia will now stop Zamorak’s forces attacking you within God Wars Dungeon 1.
- Fixed an issue that allowed a large number of broken/degraded items to be equipped via the bank.
- The Prosper perk from the Invention skill now states which level of clue you obtain when it activates.
We also hope you enjoyed the changes we’ve made to the Patch Notes this week! We’re looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Catch you next time!
Game Update: Patch Notes & Double XP Weekend Extended
It’s the week you’ve been waiting for! Double XP Weekend: Extended is almost here, and we’ve got all the information you need to work your XP the hardest when it begins. Before we get stuck into that, though, we’re doing something new and exciting with Patch Notes…
What’s going on here? Don’t Patch Notes belong at the END of the newspost? Fear not, my friends – we just wanted to let you know that your weekly dose of changes and fixes will be looking a little different from now on.
Starting this week, we’re making tweaks to the layout and presentation of the Patch Notes post to make it easier to navigate and digest. You’ll notice a new ‘Bug Fixes’ section where you can find a comprehensive list of the most vital fixes we’ve made that week, as well as more images, and less clutter.
But that’s not all – the coming weeks have even more changes in store, so watch this space!
While we’re at it, here’s a quick highlight from this week’s changes:
- Mining rates have been adjusted after a recent change that unintentionally impacted semi-active miners.
You can read our new and sparkly Patch Notes here. Go take a look!
Double XP Weekend Extended
Alright, alright, we know what you’re really here for: Double XP Weekend: Extended will return this Friday, February 21st, and last until March 2nd. That gives you 10 whole days to spend your 48 hours of Double XP time in whatever way you wish.
To join in the fun, all you need to do is log in any time during the event, and you’ll receive your 48 hours. Bear in mind that they’ll keep ticking down the whole time you’re logged in, so spend them wisely!
You can read the rest of the rules here.
With the upcoming Double XP Weekend: Extended event just around the corner, we’ve been running a sale in the Oddments Store on items we think may be useful! The sale ends at 23.59pm tonight, hurry up and check it out if you haven’t already!
In Other News
We’ve seen you sniffing around the dig site, poring over the Archaeology Journals, and digging for clues: so you’ll be glad to hear that more information about Archaeology will be coming soon. We’d love to say more, but that’d ruin the mystery.
It’s that time of year again! Content creators from RuneScape, Old School, and the Twitch Community have combined their powers to fight for the noble cause of GameBlast.
We’ve got 20 content creators from all over the globe involved, including a few familiar faces from around the office. They’ve been told they can get as unique and creative as you like, and we’ve already heard rumours that there will be snorkels involved… somehow. There’ll be plenty of chances for you to join in the fun with quizzes, games, and even auctions, so keep your eyes peeled.
All streamers will be taking donations via the official JustGiving pages, which will be linked on their streams.
All funds raised over the weekend will be going straight to SpecialEffect, a charity which puts fun and inclusion back into the lives of people with physical disabilities by helping them to play video games. Your donations could go to a range of awesome technology like modified joypads, eye-controlled computers, and voice-control setups.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join the marathon 48-hour stream and raise some money for this fantastic cause? You can still sign up on the GameBlast website at https://gameblast20.org.uk/ and join the United Communities of RuneScape team at https://www.justgiving.com/team/UCoR20. Keep up with the schedule on the UCoR discord: https://discord.gg/mdnMjjE.
Let’s show the world what we can do as #OneCommunity!
All good things must eventually come to an end, and Premier Club is no exception. You have until midnight on March 1st to grab this great deal on membership, get yourself the Bright Inquisitor Outfit, and even take home your own baby dinosaur – along with many more benefits besides.
There are three tiers available: Bronze will get you three months of membership, Silver will get you six, and Gold will get you a whole year. Every tier gets you a Yak Track Premium Pass for the duration of your Premier Club membership, as well as access to the 2020 Premier Artefact.
To see the full list of Premier Club benefits, have a look at our handy-dandy guide here.
No Weekly Stream, but…
Unfortunately, we’re having a break from the sofas this week, but don’t fret – this gives us time to brew up something even better! Mark your calendars for Tuesday 25th, when we will be doing a special bumper live stream! We’ll be chatting about some of the things we’ve been working on since RuneFest, with loads of RS team members on the sofa. We’ll have more info for you next Monday.
Expect surprises – see you then!
Saturday 22nd February – 9:00 UTC (Game Time) – Featured stream: Careful Tam
This week, our featured streamer is Careful Tam! Join him for a fresh morning PvM session in Gielinor, details to follow.
That’s right, you can receive in-game loot when you watch a RS streamer. It works exactly the same way as our official streams, just watch Careful Tam’s stream (his Twitch channel) and you’ll receive the LootScape the following day.
LootScape will be enabled.
Pink Skirts Events
Pink Skirts is a dedicated P-Mod-led community, and it invites you to a range of daily activities such as PvM masses, Q&As, and other thrilling or chillin’ events! Check out all the community events organized by the Pink Skirts on the in-game calendar or on their official schedule here.