We’re pleased to announce that Patch 9.5, the latest update for Legends of Aria, is available to play right now! This patch focuses on expanding engagement in core gameplay activities with new opportunities for both risk and reward.
We have added Seasons, which bring fresh challenges for PvE, PvP, Harvesting, and Gathering, with exclusive rewards and goals added each month, providing a means for players from various playstyles to work towards rewards while also exploring all that Celador has to offer. The theme for each season will drive what tasks can be completed to earn points and also what rewards are available for players to unlock. Players can engage in unique or repeatable PvE, crafting, harvesting, or Chaos Zone content in return for points that can be redeemed to unlock 3 tiers of monthly reward
Chaos Zones are regions where, upon entering, players will become Chaotic, illustrated by an orange name. Chaotic players are free to attack and be attacked by others while incurring no murder counts or skill loss upon death. Murderers and other characters who would normally suffer skill loss will be protected from any negative effects while flagged as Chaotic or within a Chaotic Zone. Chaos Zones will appear as locations on the world map and allow players to earn tokens toward their Season PvP reward. These zones will be dynamic and will move as seasons progress.
We’re excited to be bringing these additions to Legends of Aria, as well as to see the ways in which these additions enhance how our players experience the game. To stay connected with the latest development updates, including our upcoming Point Release 10, keep an eye on the Legends of Aria Trello board.
Looking for an MMO with true risk and reward? Play Legends of Aria for free now!
Discover a world forged by players, where your choices write the story. What role will you play?
- A Living, Breathing MMORPG: Explore a true open world without limitation. Build, explore and adventure with thousands of players in a living breathing world defined by you.
- Skill-Based World: Legends of Aria returns to a true skill based system. Build your character your way, be you a crafter, adventurer, merchant or humble fisherman. Hone your skills through use and play your way with a choice of over 32 unique skills.
- Return to a True Sandbox: Legends of Aria is inspired by the original sandbox MMORPGs. Experience a world that does not hold your hand. A world that is driven by you and shaped by our community. A world of dangers, where friendships, enemies made and your actions written into legend.
- Community Servers and Modding: The first MMORPG to fully support player run servers. Legends of Aria is designed to be modded from top to bottom including custom gameplay rules, custom content and even entirely custom created worlds.
- Fixed an issue where the Cultist Awakening Snake Charmer could get stuck in nearby objects.
- Lord Lycaon’s Shadow Bite can no longer teleport him into collidable objects.
- Added a check to confirm that Monolith Watcher always has an exit portal created.
- Fixed an issue where eligible players were not receiving loot from Monolith Watcher kills.
- Awakenings will now use the same HUD as dynamic spawn locations.
- Fixed issue where players could gain more seasonal tokens and skulls then needed. Additionally, once players have earned enough tokens/skulls to claim the final reward the seasonal system will stop renewing tasks to complete.
- Fixed issue where Sorcery was benefiting from increased magic damage effects.
- League dyes of different types can no longer be stacked together.
- Mage Robes can now be dyed.
Live Patch 5-1-20
Exclusive Season Rewards
- A new Season System has been launched. Players can complete generalized and themed tasks to earn seasonal currency that can be used to redeem rewards.
- Rewards can be redeemed at 2,000, 4,000, and 6,000 currency.
- This season features “The Undead Horde” and has players seek out and slay various undead creatures within New Celador.
- Earn “Tokens” by completing PVE oriented tasks and redeem a variety of treasures and a rare mount.
- Earn “Skulls” by completing PVP oriented tasks, within a chaos zone, and redeem a variety of treasures and a rare mount.
- Each month (season) a new area in New Celador will be designated as a Chaos Zone. When players enter these zones their name will turn orange and they will not be punished for committing any criminal acts. This includes not gaining murder counts or losing stats if the player is already designated a murderer.
- The Chaos Zone for this season is the Southern Hills Cemetery and the surrounding area.
- Chaos Zones can be seen by opening up the region or world map.
- Players will be given an audible and visual alert when they enter a chaos zone.
- Grouped players can freely attack each other in a Chaos Zone.
- Fixed issue with garden plants not growing correctly in some instances.
- Reduced the volume on the Citadel Studios intro cinematic.