Fortnite 13.40 Patch Notes – New Fortnite Update 2.79!
Since Epic has appeared to have stopped giving out full update details, we’ve decided to compile our own Fortnite 13.40 Patch Notes! We’re attempting to collect all of the changes, updates, and bug fixes from the most recent patch. This will be a standard sized patch, and should include a variety of new stuff, especially since the map has now been fully revealed and there shouldn’t be any geographical changes anymore.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite Season 13.40 Patch has NOT been officially announced yet, but it will likely be releasing on August 4th or 5th at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC)! You can expect at least a couple of hours of downtime once the update starts.
Be sure to check out our Fortnite Season 3 Guide! We compile information about the entire season in that post, and have details on many of the new things that have been added to the game.
Unofficial 13.40 Patch Notes
Here’s where we will be detailing all of the updates and changes that have been added to the game and haven’t been covered by Epic. If you’re looking for leaked skins, we will have a full look at them right here.
The following details below are speculation on whether or not some of this stuff will be added in this patch! We’ll be updating this post with official information once it releases.
Confirmed: Cars & Vehicles
Cars were delayed again and last we heard they wouldn’t be in the game for another three weeks. However, it looks like Epic has figured out the issues because they are going to be rolling out on August 5th, 2020! This is a great thing now that the map has been fully exposed and we’ll be able to drive all over the place in a sweet new ride.
Possible: New Fish
A couple of new fish were leaked in the previous fish. They are the Mechanic Flopper and Battle Flopper. I would imagine the Mechanic Flopper will have something to do with vehicles, it could possibly repair a vehicle that you are currently driving. The Battle Flopper is more interesting, it might give you armor or increase your damage somehow. That one is completely up in the air on what it would do!
There were even more fish found in a previous leak, but they still aren’t available in the game. There’s the Thermal, Shield, Jelly, Hop, and Fire Flopper. It will be interesting to see how these possibly get added to the game.
Keep in mind I am merely speculating about these fish, all we know is their names.
Possible: New Fishing Rod
Along with the fish leaks, it looks like it’s possible we get an advanced type of fishing rod. This might be what would be required to catch some of the new fish that could end up in the game. As with all leaks, it’s possible that these were worked on and never intended to be in the game. We’ll just have to wait and see!
Possible: New Double Barrel Shotgun
What looks to be a possibly new shotgun was found in the files. The weapon has a Clip Size of 4 but also consume 4 ammo per shot. It also has quite a bit of damage fall-off the further you get away from someone. Not sure when this will end up in the game, but it sounds interesting.
Possible: New Trap
There’s a trap that was leaked with the code name FrostedTips. It deals 50 damage and has a reload time of 2.5 seconds.
Doubtful: Reload V-Bucks Feature
This is something that Epic has been testing out on a limited basis, we have no idea when it will officially release.
When you’re purchasing a cosmetic, sometimes you are only missing a small amount of V-Bucks. Currently, you can only buy set amounts of them, but with this upcoming feature you’ll be able to buy the exact amount you need! This is apparently being tested in a limited area right now, but will hopefully be fully available soon.
Fortnite 13.40 Patch Bug Fixes
These were taken from the Trello that display all of the stuff that Epic is working on in terms of bugs.
- When playing on PC with a controller you will sometimes see a mouse cursor after certain actions. This will hopefully be fixed in this update.
Battle Royale Issues
- Due to to the Whirlpool disappearing near Hydro 16, they are changing the challenge from Week 1 to be “Deal damage within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at The Yacht”
- There’s an issue with glider speed that after redeploying will sometimes move you slower, this should be resolved in the 13.40 patch.
- The issue that Landing at Frenzy Farm and The Yacht and finishing top 25 challenges may not be working if you’re playing Duos or Squads will be fixed.
- The XP bar will sometimes be visually incorrect when in a match.
- Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug had an issue where it couldn’t be picked up by another player if it was recharging.
- The Roboto font was broken on Billboards in islands.
- Rotating a a group of multi-selected items with grid snap was not correctly rotating the group of items based on the grid snap number.
- Renaming a device on console would cause the game to crash.
Save the World Issues
- The ‘Weapons: Super Powers’ quest does not track eliminations if they came from a Constructor’s Decoy and ROSIE abilities or an Outlander’s T.E.D.D.Y. or Shock Tower.
- Quest ‘Eliminate: Down with a Boom’ does not properly track Lobber eliminations in Blasted Badlands.
- The ‘Search and Rescue’ quest line may be missing the corresponding ‘Rescue the Survivors’ mission at the appropriate level.
- Certain new weapon perks are missing on new weapons.
- B.A.S.E often fails to appear in the trap wheel. This occurs more often if there are a large amount of floor traps in the player’s inventory.
- Elimination feed will sometimes not appear on the HUD.
- A yellow square appears when you level up.
- There’s an issue of being unable to throw a grenade while riding a Loot Shark.
- The Sail Shark Glider may have a yellow coloration when viewed on certain mobile devices.